Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop >

my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop

Old 07-24-2006, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop

I don't believe that Wal-mart sells inferior products under the same brand name, but here is exactly why I don't shop there: earlier this spring I went to the local Wal-mart to stock up on turkey hunting gear. Did I need it? No. Was I gonna buy it any way? Hell yes!!! So as I'm strolling through the sporting goods I keep looking, and looking, and looking for turkey gear but to no avail, they had none. Absolutly nothing. Being that the early turkey season had already started, I wondered, why don't they have anything? So I asked the counter person( after she had to come over from fabrics) only to get the reply "I dunno". That just ain't gonna cut for me. Hell I live in redneck city U.S.A. ( and I am one) so why the hell won't they stock what well most definatly sell? I give up, so I won't spend dollar one in that place.[:-]
Old 07-24-2006, 04:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop

Well, good luck with that.

I personally would love to live close to a shop like Len who posts here, but I don't. One reason why I am so adamant about any shop being service oriented. It's one thing Wally world can't compete in and they really don't want to. They sell things and if your not happy with them you can return them but other than that your on your own unless you run across someone who's into the stuff they sell. Our local has a couple guys in different departments who know there stuff. One was very helpful to me in picking out some mp3 players for my older kids.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:46 PM
Typical Buck

No luck needed.haven't been to a wallyworld since then and that was the first time in over a year at that.you just have to raise yourself above their level

p.s.- whats to know about an mp3 anyway, its easier than posting on here. LOL!!!
Old 07-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Typical Buck

P.S.S.- Why would anyone who " knows their stuff" be working at wallyworld any way? Seems if they really did know it they could make some decent money instaed of McMinimum wage.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not that I don't feel the same way about wal-mart most of the time, but I will say that the majority of their stuff is "seasonal" and for the most part (not 100%) the stuff hits all the stores at the same time. So if your early turkey season is earlier than the rest of the country that could be why they didn't have the stuff. But yes, I try to avoid it sometimes as well.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

The good luck was for finding a store that had what you wanted everytime you entered it. I imagine if your any age at all the list of places you will enter again is pretty small.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've noticed vast differences in what they carry from store to store. In the Chicagoland area hunting stuff is minimal to non-existant. In rural areas they usually have a ton of hunting stuff.Seasonally,with blow-out sales at seasons end. In addition the store manager is responsible for stocking the store. If he/she feels the hunting gear won't sell or didn't sell well the year before the get less of it. Shopping there is a crap-shoot,minimal knowlegable service,usually good prices.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:23 AM

S. il. hntr, relax...... take a breath and chill for a second. First of all you have to realize where you are. If your shoppin at Meg-a-low mart you are not going to get knowledgable assistance or good selection! You are not at a pro shop!

What you can expect is no advice or help and poor selection...... all at great prices!

I have to admit...I shop at meg-a low mart but I know what to expect. I can tell you I boughta shot gun, a rifle and gun safe (the same exact models that where offered at local gun and pro shops) at meg-a-low for alot less money!!!! That is the only thing you can expect from them.

If you are buying a bow, or something else that needs mounted, tuned, etc. don't go to meg-a-low, they cant help you!
Old 07-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've noticed at the Walmarts in my area that they stock all the goose hunting stuff for a month before season starts, then once season starts up all the goose hunting stuff is gone and deer hunting stuff comes up, then when deer season opens all the deer hunting stuff is gone and its back to camo clothing and other smaller hunting items.

PS - if you are wanting a decent deal on some name brand items, walmart usually is the place. If you are new to the sport and have no clue about what you need/want I probably wouldn't reccomend asking the person at the counter....
Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 PM

don't expect anything from walmart; it's what they pride themselfs on. cheap labor/cheap products

Quick Reply: my reply to Wal-mart vs. Proshop

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.