Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Catching video alone >

Catching video alone

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Catching video alone

Old 07-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Catching video alone

Who has videoed hunts while by themselves? What has worked well for you. I have a new very small camcorder and am going to start this year. I got an editing program for my computer to make it look professional. My question is what has worked while trying to do this alone. Thanks.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Catching video alone

Back in the late 80's, I videoed some hunts. I had one of those big vhs camcorders.My buddies and I managed to get several "kill shots" on tape.

I made a bracket that fastened to my treestand, that I mounted the camera to. I'd aim it in the direction I expected the deer to be in when I'd shoot. As the deer approached I'd start the camer rolling.

Everthing was fine until I started drawing my bow. The deer got nervous and took a few quick steps away. I shot anyway. On the tape, you see the deer coming in, then its out of the frame, and then you hear the shot and arrow impact.

I have several other kill shots with gun and bow, that me or a partner worked the camera. Trust me, things are much better when you have a cameraman.

During some of the rifle hunts, I'd convince different girlfriends to go along and be my cameraman.
Old 07-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Catching video alone

I use a Treepod , i also have a small Mini DV and it works for me.. But I'll tell you, If a monster walks in, you sure ain't gonna be worrying about where the camera is pointed..