Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kodiak bows

Old 07-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default kodiak bows

has anyone shot one of these bows. I shot one the other day and all i can say is WOW. It is the pefect combontion of speed and smooth that i am looking for. It has the speed of the alligence and the smooth draw of the mathews, without the bowtech or mathews price tag. so if you are interested in a bow i would definetly go and check these out.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: kodiak bows

do they have a website or anything
Old 07-18-2006, 11:02 PM
Fork Horn

yeah they do have a web site it is. http://www.kodiakoutdoors.net/ like i said check them out. If there is a sportsmans warehouse neer you they are selling them. If you wait till the end of the year they will be dicounted to make room for next years models.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

i checked it out and they look really nice but who knows
Old 07-19-2006, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

You are not the first I have heard to rave about this bow line. I have it by a reliable source that both the Kinetic and Titan are well made, smooth, fast, dead as a stick after the shot, and very quiet. Did you get to shoot either of these? Were you able to shoot threw a chrono? Could you compare the shooting cycle of the Kodiak bow to that ofyour Allegiance for us?

Thanks...
Old 07-19-2006, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

i only got to shoot the bow logic version but it was awsome like i was saying. The draw is like shooting a mathews, the allegence's power curve is very sharp therefor it makes for a agressive weight increase and sharp letoff. the kodiak lines you build up to max draw wieght and then smoothly come off of it into full draw. the alliegence you start pulling the full max draw wieght as soon as you start pulling back and about and 1.5 to 2 inchs before you get to full draw is where the let of is. Obveasly it wasn't as fast as my alligence but they are fast enough to get a 350 arrow over 300 FPS, IMOP they are very worth the money, i plan on buying one at the end of the year and using it for my Iowa whitetail bow.