Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hey Guys

Old 07-16-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Hey Guys

My name is Morgan, i'm 18 years old. I live in CA.

Just joined the forum today. I took my hunter's education class yesterday, got 96% on the test (out of 100 questions, I missed only 4.. not bad if i do say so myself ). Originally I just took this class as a means to an end, because I needed my hunting license to hunt with a raptor... But as class went by I got really psyched up about the whole hunting thing. I don't really like guns that much (I have really good ears, and sound is really enhanced for me)... But I do LOVE archery, I have a beginner's compound bow back in KY, with my grandma, but I need to move up. There is a pro archery shop down the street so I'm going to swing on by and see about getting fitted for one for a new bow.I've got a pretty good shot (if vicious), with my beginner's bow I also got a bear target... I had no idea of vitals and stuff (I was like 12), so I took shots where I thought they should go, nailed the target 3 times in the head, 3 times in the heart, and 2 times in the groin just for good measure lol .

There is just one problem that sucks so much.... My parents are "resort" people, meaning given the choice of vacations, they'd go to an Inn or resort type place. They don't know much about hunting (my mom's been hunting as a child, but not recently), I'm begging so much just to get them to go with me on a camping trip! It's driving me nuts! Well wish me luck, I think I'm wearing them down!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:42 PM

Default RE: Hey Guys

Stay with it Morgan, It is a great sport and you will enjoy! We need you in our sport.
and by the way my name Morgan also, so was my grandfather, my father and my late daughter.
squirreldog!
Old 07-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Congrats! By the way, If you think you are hooked now, Just wait.Hope everything works out with the camping thing.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:53 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement! Morgan is a fairly unusual name lol, surprised to see that. I do want to continue on... my goal is a Pronghorn Antelope, I want to mount one lol.Being a lefty in the sport will be interesting... I just hope I can find some people who will go hunting with me [&:]
Old 07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Fellow lefty here...

Your 18, are you saying you can't really go hunting because of your parents? Or what....

Tell them they can go to the resort, and your going hunting...
Old 07-16-2006, 09:04 PM

No that's not what I meant lol. They don't care about that, my mom finds hunting kinda gruesome but interesting... I don't think my step dad has ever been to do either, i've camped but never hunted (hoping to change that soon). It's just, what's the point in going hunting or camping if your alone? As the instructor said to me "hunting is a social sport", more fun with others... especially easier when your 5 miles out from camp and you have some big game you have to bring in by yourself! I was reading a hunting story of a group that took down an elk 10 miles away from camp, and one person had to make 2 trips! LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I usually hunt by myself, but there is a group of 5 of us that always get together and shoot and help each other out..

I like to hunt by myself because its that much less scent and other things to worry about.. That makes my chances alot better.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:10 PM

Welcome!!!! Too bad you live on the west close. If you was closer, I'd take ya!! Glad to have you!
Old 07-16-2006, 09:52 PM

Thanks for the kind words everyone... I'm sorry too that your so far away.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Fork Horn

hah well if you can make it all the way to newjersey by hunting season you can hunt with me and some buddies! we would have a blast.. but i must say new jersey wouldnt be at the top of my list of places to hunt..but i guesshere is beter than nowhere at all! welcome to the forum!

Quick Reply: Hey Guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.