Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Team Illinois from Dream Season 3! >

Team Illinois from Dream Season 3!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Team Illinois from Dream Season 3!

Old 07-10-2006, 09:33 PM

Default Team Illinois from Dream Season 3!

My buddies are members here and told me to drop bye. My buddies thought it would be neat to shoot the bull with some of you bowhunting brothers. We have seen there is interest in the Drury's show Dream Season which I was a part of this past year. We had a great experience, they are first-class individuals. My partner and I are teachers in central Illinois and we got lucky to be on the show. We were a couple of young, energetic, hard-working hunters that got lucky. We hunt like everyone else does, small woodlots, unmanaged land, and mostly on the weekends. We spent every waking moment in that timber trying our best to bring good footage to the show, something we were new at. Sometimes we were successful, but most hunts we weren't. That is the way it goes. Feel free to drop a message or pm me. I would be gald to discuss just about anything bowhunting related. My partner and I would greatly appreciate your vote is you deem us worthy or just need a team to vote for. You can vote on the druryoutdoors website. We appreciate any support. Thanks (The Squirrel) (Team Illinois)
Old 07-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team Illinois from Dream Season 3!

Hey. Been watching the show, and I like the team. A bit biased though, myself being a teacher who hunts every available hour. Watching the show I always wondered, how does someone with a regular hour job fit the hunting/traveling schedule for the show in?
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I live in Champaign county and hunt all over Illinois.
I haven't seen this years dream season as I've been too busy with other things to watch much television.
I did see the last seasons though and enjoy watching them!
I'm curious where in central IL you hunted.
What did you find the most challenging aspect of bowhunting central IL?
What did you findbrought you the most success?

Welcome to the Forum!!! Hope to hear from you more!
Old 07-11-2006, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the responses. Hunting and Teaching or working any regular job poses its issues. It was very difficult. We were mostly weekend warriors, although I did take a pay cut due to some days missed. I found the most difficult was balancing family, but if you are pertaining to the hunting it would be the private timber. Illinois is no doubt one of the great big buck states, but like all deer hunting those bucks aren't around every corner. When hunting those smaller private farms one needs time and patience. I know I'll get a crack or two at a good buck, but it doesn't always pan out. In my own humble opinion, and I have been humbled too many times, I think the key is not to overhunt. Get in the woods during cold fronts, high pressure, favorable winds, and I think your success goes up dramatically. I have found when I get lazy with my approach bad things happen. Live and Learn I guess, everywhere and everone are different, thats what makes it great. I hunt Macoupin County mostly, its a good county, could be better, but I am not complaining. Thanks, Team Illinois
Old 07-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats for beingpicked for the show and welcome to the board! I never mis Dream season .The Drury boys seem like they are really down to earthfellas IMO!!
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Welcome indeed!

Congrats on the show.
I have been watching the last two years.

Good luck in the voting.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats.I love the show and never miss an episode.
James
Old 07-11-2006, 12:26 PM

you have my vote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:10 AM
Typical Buck

Welcome aboard squirrel! I saw your post over at another forumn I am a member of and thought that it is pretty cool to watch the show and know that one of the members of a team is on the forums.
You guys have my vote so far. I am not just saying that because you are on here either. I really like you guys and team Minn.
After last night show, the preview for next week looked real interesting! I may be wrong, but I believe that team Pennsylvania will be the team to implode. I reallydid not like those guys right from the beginning. At the beginning of the first show, right off the bat, when they were complaining that you guys shouldn't be on the show because of your music choice, I thought that they were gonna be crybabies. They turned me off right away and haven't dissapointed since then. They just seem real annoying and not what I would want to see on a DVD that I bought. I just can't imagine them being on the Drury Bros. Pro Staff!A couple buddies of mine felt the same way about them.
Team Kentucky seem ok, but I am just not as impressed with them as I am Ill. and Minn.
My thoughts on team Texas, well, I don't want to come across as cold and uncaring, but with the things that they have shown so far, it just seems to me that they are trying to get the vote on sympathy and good deeds. A couple of my buddies feel the same way. Hopefully, any one who has been watching the show undertstands what I mean. The things that they have recorded so far is a very, very sad and traumatic happening in their life ( something that my wife and I went through a few years ago and wouldn't have even thought of videoing it, and someting that mybuddies and their wives have all agreed that we wouldn't film for national TV) and a few really great things that they have done to help others. Not to sound cold, but it just seems that they are trying to play on those things to get votes. maybe I am wrong, but that is just my honest opinion. Beleive me, I am a very compassionate and giving person, but I guess that I must be more private than others are.
I really can't wait to see next weeks show. I really hope that team Penns. is the one that has the meltdown. Go team Illinois!!!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah...I love that show. It is IMO one of the best hunting shows and definetley the best reality show on tv. I'm with Proff on this one. You guys, Kentucky, and Minn are the top teams. I am leaning more toward Minn right now just for the simple reason that his son is heading for Iraq. I know it has nothing to do with hunting but I have a soft spot for those guys. I was there for almost a yearback in '03 so I know how it is. I just can't wait for the next episode. They should play them every day.

Quick Reply: Team Illinois from Dream Season 3!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.