Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BROADHEADS

Old 07-09-2006, 08:34 PM

Default BROADHEADS

what doyou all think about broadheads,fixed blades, mechanical, or replacable blade broadheads? im looking to get some for my bow for hunting season and need some advice on the topic.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:37 PM

Default RE: BROADHEADS

Stay away from mechanicals, IMO. There are ENTIRELY too many great fixed heads out there. The list goes on and on, but to mention a few:

Magnus Stinger
Sonic
Slick Trick
Muzzy
Rocket Ultimate Steel
Wasp Boss Bullet
Montec G5
Steel Force
Old 07-09-2006, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use 100gr muzzy's. Haven't used any others,haven't needed to!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

its hard to beat muzzys imo they are the most durable head out there
Old 07-10-2006, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/MECHANICALVSFIXED.html
Old 07-10-2006, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like a fixed head. I've been using Thunderheads for 16yrs and never had a reason to change, still don't! They have always done an excellent job for me in both tuning and in with performance on game.
Old 07-10-2006, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

To many folks are quick to suggest THEIR own favortie b-head but no one asked what equipment (poundage, arrow, rig, etc) that you are shooting to give you the most informed choices? Give us some details and then we'll see where we all stand. Personally some of the heads that have been mentioned are over-rated in my humble opinion and there are MUCH better choices available to a bowhunter looking for any head style from mech to fixed. I know that I for one, have a tiny little mech known as the Rocket Steelhead that I would gladly put up against ANY b-head and hunting rig mentioned here thus far but more on that later.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:03 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot steel force and wasps and i love both of them. If you shoot a lower poundage bow i was recomend steelforce when i was younger and drew 35 to 40 lbs they were solid pass thros. Right now i like my wasps alot tho.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I prefer a cut-on-contact head in either a 2bl or 3bl configuration.I shoot low poundage(low to mid 50#)recurves and longbows and that's what works best for me.
Old 07-10-2006, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

I use Rocky Mountain Titanium 100 grain fixed broad heads on Gold TipXT arrows with my Mathews LX set on 67 pounds.

I'm very happy with accuracy and performance. I have no desire to change any part of the above combination.

Quick Reply: BROADHEADS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.