Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Equalizer Treestands???? >

Equalizer Treestands????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Equalizer Treestands????

Old 07-07-2006, 07:17 AM

Default Equalizer Treestands????

Anyone have any experiance with these stands? The adjust as you climb feature looks pretty cool.....but does it work??
Old 07-07-2006, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Equalizer Treestands????

I bought one and used it all last deer season. First deer stand I had used in 20 years of deer hunting as I had always ground hunted (didn't feel safe in a tree). I just loved the stand. I felt really secure in the stand and it was easy to use. Took a couple of deer from it. If you are really interested, I highly suggest getting their free DVD. It shows a lot of features that are not shown on their website.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Got a link, Snood... or anybody?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

The site is www.equalizertreestands.com
Old 07-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Dominant Buck

It's the old Buckshot stand under a new name. The Buckshots are great stands, but unfortunately they closed their doors. I guess they just couldn't sell enough of them. TOo bad, because they were a great stand. Maybe someone else took it over and can get them off the ground. I have one of the Buckshot Hot Shots which was one of the earlier Buckshots without the equalizer system. They came out with the Equalizer crank and closed within the same year. Len uses one of them or did last year anyway. This year he's found another he's going to try with an Equalizer principle built in that uses a BIG REALLY HEAVY belt type strap instead of the cable or chains. His boy has played with it a lot and loves it. Super comfy seat that can be used facing or facing out from the tree.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

The Equalizer is made by BuckShot. I don't know if they make the other older models any longer - something tells me they don't and this is the only model they make now.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

I like the stand but can't bring myself to pay $300 for it I have tried to talk the vendors of that price at shows but, they won't come off that price. I'll keep working on them till I get one.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Banned

I called the company and they sent a DVD. Very impressive. HCH
Old 07-07-2006, 04:17 PM

I own one and am a big fan...don't know if I posted the reason I researched for a tree stand like it...my first year of hunting a buddy of mine, and I use the term loosely, loaned me his back up tree stand, a Wally world special. I used it the whole season. This thing was a pain in the @$$ to adjust when used on trees that had any amount of tapering to them. I would end up 18' up and it would be on a forward slant. My feet would kill me from standing like that for our at a time. last time I used it I was up on the tree and my buddy came by me to get me to head back to the house, when he saw me he just busted out laughing, I guess I looked pretty foolish with my back up against the tree trying not o fall out, that day I made the decision to find one with a leveling system and did, it was the Equalizer, got it from a man in PA that was getting rid of his for $150…yup! $150. all I did was a search on the net and found it used and in great condition.

Bo

Old 07-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

looks like a great stand with the big pad on the front i would be tempted to lay my head down and take a nap

Quick Reply: Equalizer Treestands????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.