Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*) >

Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Old 09-26-2006, 08:41 AM

Default RE: Rage Slip Cams......

A friend of mine picked up a set last week and fell in love with them. I have been looking locally and they keep getting sold out ever time they come in. My friends word is as good as gold to me.

He just got a new bow too and tuned them with field points. He put these Rages on and they shot perfectly. No need for further tuning.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep in mind you need to seat the blade properly on the retention ring on the bottom. Seat it there, then I spin the arrow in my hand pretty hard to make sure they won't pop out. If you don't do this you risk having it pop open in flight. I haven't had it happen, but I am careful to make sure they are seated perfect every time and I also use a quiver that doesn't bury the head in foam.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 AM
Fork Horn

switched to these (3)blade this year, cant wait to try them on a deer, ive practiced a lot with the practice head and they fly great, i shot the real thing at my broadhead target about 6 times now at 20, 30 , 40, 50 yds... I love them.. and they are tough....
Old 09-26-2006, 10:39 AM

I bought the three blade and my buddy bought the two blade. We both are complaining about the noise in flight compared to fixed blades. Other than that they are great. I am hitting a golf ball size target up to 40 yards with these and the field tips. They are very forgiving like a field tip. I plan on taking them out for the opener this Saturday. I will probably shoot a real one before than. Up to now I have shot the practice point about 100 times.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/16)

All I can say is wow at the performance of these heads.

APAJaws (Dan for those that have met him) managed to stick a nice fat littlebuck Saturday morning in the Albany County bowhunting only zone on some public land. The deer was liver shot due to turning when Dan released so he needed some time to expire. He was using the G5 Tekan II's. I was sitting roughly 80 yards away fromDan when this all went downand when hit the buck ran straight towards me and bedded down 43 yards in front of where I was sitting in some tall grass. After Jaws hiked down to me, he wanted me to to put another into the deer for him so I managed to put a second shot into the deer for Dan using the 2 blade 2" Rage's. The buck was bedded quartering away from me at a 45 degree angle at exactly 43 yards at the shot. The head smashed 2 ribs and completely passed through on a hard quartering shot and actually managed to hit the ground so hard on the opposing side of the deer that it drove the head into the ground and broke the shaft off...........at 43 yards. It left a 5" entrance hole...........that's right 5". Remember the deer was quartering which is what caused the huge hole,even stillthat was quite simply the most amazing entrance hole I have ever seen on a deer in my life. It made a 5" entrance right behind the shoulder in the closest side to me also putting a huge gash into the bone on the shoulder blade, and passed out the other side directly in front of the shoulder blade........not the softest of areas to be passing through. The exit hole was also over 2" wide. I also almost completely sliced the top of the heart offwhen the head passed through his chest cavity. I will supply pics later today of the damage when Dan gets them to me.

Again, I am in no way affiliated w/ Rage or any other broad head company, but I really think the penetration of these heads is outstanding for a 2" cutting diameter. Most traditional mechanicals that large diameters would not penetrate like this in my experience and I have shot them all. My only gripe is that the arrow drove the head so far into the ground that I was not able to recover the head to see how it held up.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Dan got the pictures today from his Dad, and unfortunately they didn't include the pics of the huge entrance hole in this deer. This is a pic of the heart though cropped down to eliminate a lot of the gut pile. You can see why this guy didn't go far after being hit with that head.........

Old 10-17-2006, 12:55 PM

I am a die hard Snyper user, I love the entrance holes they leave and the fact they open on impact. My buddy got some Rage heads this year as was going on and on about them but I really didn't give them a good look. Well he calls me one night and he hit a deer but he wasn't sure of the shot, I told him to hang tight and I went out to give him a hand. Looking at the arrow he clearly gut shot the deer so we backed out. Long story short we came back in the morning and found the deer 80 yards from where it was hit. When I walked up and saw the hole that Rage head left I was shocked. It left close to a 4" entrance hole and very large exit hole. After examining the organs the head left tremendous damage the whole way through the deer.

Taking a closer look at the Rage they are the same basic design as the Snyper just a larger cutting diameter. I am very interested in getting my hands on some to give them a try, the problem as already noted is you can't find them anywhere. I checked the Rage website and they said they are back ordered until 12/01/06. They have them on Ebay but are fetching a high price. I think I will pick some up in the off season and try them next year.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:32 PM

Lefty, I just bought some from Bass Pro Shops last Friday 10/13. I was told they had quite a few in stock. The website still shows backorder so it may be worth a call.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:34 PM

Hello all, this is my 1st post on here so, hey!!!
Anyway, I've been shooting the Rocky Mtn. Snyper 100gr 2 blades for probably 5 years now and I LOVE them....They open huge holes and fly great. Anyway, one of my buddies bought a 3 pack of 100gr 2 blade RAGE's this year to try them out and he shot a doe a few weeks ago and said the holes were massive & the blood trail was huge even though she went about 100yards before dropping.
He asked me to pick him up some more and I've been to BassPro Shops in Clarksville,Indiana, Denver Colorado, and Charlotte N. Carolina and cant find them anywhere plus I checked Cabela's in K.C. on the way back from Colorado so I guess they are REALLY popular. I did pick him up some 2 blade Snyper's like I shoot so he's gonna give them a try, I told him he would like them since they are almost the exact same head as the Rage and I've never had problems with them...I shot a doe a few weeks ago here in KY with a Snyper at 38yards and she went about 12 yards before dropping. Huge holes & blood everywhere...Hopefully RAGE gets their production problems fixed cause I'd like to shoot them some and see how they stack up to my tried & true Snypers.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think the snypers are a fantastic head, and probably have a better blade retention system than Rages, however the holes from the 1.5" and 2" rages are simply amazing and the lack of energy soaked up from opening them is fantastic. If you guys can't get the Rage's, then get the Snypers.

Quick Reply: Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.