HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/17 *Graphic Pics*)
Old 10-16-2006, 06:47 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rage Slip Cams...... (Updated 10/16)

All I can say is wow at the performance of these heads.

APAJaws (Dan for those that have met him) managed to stick a nice fat littlebuck Saturday morning in the Albany County bowhunting only zone on some public land. The deer was liver shot due to turning when Dan released so he needed some time to expire. He was using the G5 Tekan II's. I was sitting roughly 80 yards away fromDan when this all went downand when hit the buck ran straight towards me and bedded down 43 yards in front of where I was sitting in some tall grass. After Jaws hiked down to me, he wanted me to to put another into the deer for him so I managed to put a second shot into the deer for Dan using the 2 blade 2" Rage's. The buck was bedded quartering away from me at a 45 degree angle at exactly 43 yards at the shot. The head smashed 2 ribs and completely passed through on a hard quartering shot and actually managed to hit the ground so hard on the opposing side of the deer that it drove the head into the ground and broke the shaft off...........at 43 yards. It left a 5" entrance hole...........that's right 5". Remember the deer was quartering which is what caused the huge hole,even stillthat was quite simply the most amazing entrance hole I have ever seen on a deer in my life. It made a 5" entrance right behind the shoulder in the closest side to me also putting a huge gash into the bone on the shoulder blade, and passed out the other side directly in front of the shoulder blade........not the softest of areas to be passing through. The exit hole was also over 2" wide. I also almost completely sliced the top of the heart offwhen the head passed through his chest cavity. I will supply pics later today of the damage when Dan gets them to me.

Again, I am in no way affiliated w/ Rage or any other broad head company, but I really think the penetration of these heads is outstanding for a 2" cutting diameter. Most traditional mechanicals that large diameters would not penetrate like this in my experience and I have shot them all. My only gripe is that the arrow drove the head so far into the ground that I was not able to recover the head to see how it held up.