Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's >

Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Local Pro Shop
67.57%
Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's
32.43%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Old 07-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Big box store , the local pro shops are only set up for compound shooters , I shoot a recurve . I don't need their technical help , just an occasional part at an affordable price .
This is the same reason I don't use a pro shop's services.They just don't offer anything for us trad shooters.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Fork Horn

I work Dam hard for my money and if I save money by shooping at Bass pro then that`s where I go. I`m sorry if I don`t support the local guy but the $2 more at his shop feeds him and take food out of my kids mouths.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Stretch.... everyone works hard for their money. Buy where you want. You don't have to get melodramitic about it and put your kids lives at risk over a $2 binglewhammer.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:38 PM
Banned

I use both. HCH
Old 07-06-2006, 04:54 PM

I try to use the local shop as much as possible. He treats me real well. He doesn't carry camo or stands or blinds, optics, ertc. But, anything for the bow comes from him. Otherwise I try cabelas or even E-bay.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

i support the mom n pop shops because they are the foundation of our economy
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 PM

I like to mail-order for price and selection though I usually stop in a local store a couple times a year to support them and buy a few things.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

The big boys are no longer the bargain they were when they first started out with mail order only from a warehouse. Even with all their bulk buying they can't or won't make any major concessions in price anymore. Quite often shopping at your local pro is LESS. A couple years ago my pro shop bought a bunch of Omegas. He was selling them, and then Bass Pro just a ways away got in a ton of them and put on a big sale. They ran out and ordered more. My pro shop had them $30 less and it took a while to sell the 20 he had. People just didn't check on that large ticket item. They saw "SALE" from the big guy and thought, that's the place. GO figure. He always keeps a copy of the Bass Pro shop latest sale catalog from the paper on the desk. He's the same or less on a lot of things. And of course, the service and expertise is no contest. They can't touch my pro shop.

This is the case with my pro shop as well. Hard to beat the service and he will at the least pricematch and usually beat anybody's price.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gander mountain in Germantown Wi...worst service I have seen. Been boycoting them for over two years now. Can't wait till the new Cabelas up the road from them opens. I hope they run gander out of bussiness
Old 07-07-2006, 05:11 AM

I dont go to my "local" proshop. It is run bya guy who is really knowledgable but is living in the archery world that existed 10 years ago...not many equipment upgrades there.
That said, I will normally support Ebay, or my local archery shop, which is now located in E. Greenbush, NY. It is run by an awesome dude who knows alot about shooting and bow set-up. Even though it is ah hour and 15 minutes from my house, it is now my local shop.

Try to support local, even if the prices are a little steeper.

Quick Reply: Local Pro Shop vs. Bass Pro Shop/ Cabela's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.