Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sweet mother!!

Old 07-06-2006, 07:09 AM

Default Sweet mother!!

Well I was practicing last night in the back yard and I am in the unique situation of being able to see me hunting spot from the back of my yard. Well, I was able to see ina two hour period three bucks two looked like they wold be solid eights and one narly lookin twelve or thriteen pionter. I saw this brute last year but he was gone buy the time I was able to hunt last year. I also watch about ten doe cross right in front of my stand.

There is a problem since the deer are so easy to see I have a problem with nieghbors trying to sneek up to se them. Sicne it's not my property what should I do?

Tim
Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sweet mother!!

If its private property and you have written permission to hunt it then I would let the land owner know, and NICELY ask the neighbors to not do that during the precious few months before andduring your hunt. Otherwise tell them there is a rabid fox running around there, or you had a nest of ticks you found in your underwear after walking around in there, or there is a mean mean man named Davemil thats been hanging around the woods there. That should keep them outta there for sure.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:28 AM

I heard theres a big nest of copperheads over there.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:29 AM

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

I heard theres a big nest of copperheads over there.
Thats funny!!
Old 07-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Fork Horn

I would just ask or tell him nicely to please stay out of the area so that he doesn't spook the deer before hunting season. Does he also hunting the same area? If so then I guess there isn't much you can do about it other than try to tell that you would appreciate that he not disturb the deer.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:53 PM

ask him to tell the local kids to stay out of there, as it's where you set up your new skeet thrower!