Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

oh what i seen!

Old 07-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default oh what i seen!

i just came back from WV were i was on a quad ride for the weekend
we came down this one trial and we saw the biggest buck that i had ever laid an eye on.he acted like he dident have a clue to what we were ,he just stood there not 20 yds away. he turned to walk away so i gave a grunt he stopped and turned as if to say what do you want . why cant that happen were i live.and not two months ago we were in KY riding down this trail and this big sow bear walks a cross the trail in front of us.we have bear in MI but i have never seen one ,i had to go all the way to KY to see a bear in the woods.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: oh what i seen!

That seems to be the norm. Where the heck are they when your hunting em...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

that's always the way when your somewhere that can't hunt or out of season you can see and do things you normally would get busted in a heart beat . Its still fun to observe anyway
Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 PM

I have yet to see a bear in the woods while hunting but have seen one or two while driving.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:11 PM
Boone & Crockett

Norm, he's used to the quads, they are not danger.....suns of beeches.

I have yet to see a bear in the woods while hunting but have seen one or two while driving.
duc, I saw a sow with 4 cubs today!...it was awesome.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

It always happens that way, Deer and Bear know when they are not being hunted so they just go about thier daily routine.
In Kalaska Mi. near the Antrum county line Rd. I was doing a spring turkey hunt when a saw a Bear and her two cubs just walking along the other side of the power lines.
It was a good thing that I was in my Double Bull T5 blind about 80 to 100 yards away, they never paid no attention to me.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:04 AM
Typical Buck

I lived in WV for a year in 1999 and had a sales route and I saw big bucks almost every day. I would stop my car, role down the window and it seemed like they would say "cheese". That year I thought I would try deer hunting for the first time and tried for 2 weeks and didn't get one in the fall. I went out on a doe day and got my first deer. It is because of seeing those big bucks in WV that I deer hunt today, it got in my blood.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:02 AM

Do you have a GPS coordinate for us so we can make sure your right. he he he.....