Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What are my options? >

What are my options?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What are my options?

Old 07-06-2006, 07:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: What are my options?

Thanks for all the info. I went to the Sportsmans Warehouse last night and had my draw length measured, and I flung a few arrows through a PSE Nova SU. They had a decent package price, but now that I know my draw length, I think I'm going to go with one of the package deals at huntersfriend.com. Thanks for the link jamiebuck! I like the idea of having everything pre-tuned and ready to shoot. I really like the PSE Triton setup. It's a little more $$ than I was going to spend, but it also comes with more than I was going to purchase right away. Thanks again!
Old 07-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

By all means shop the used market. Great deals out there. If you prefer new there are 2 packages that are great. 1) Reflex Highlander 2) Bowtech Tomkat. The Tomkat will be a bit more money but is a great bow with generous brace (8") and binary cams for speed.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'd look around for a 3-5 year old bow already set up with all accessories in the $200 range. I'd use the balance of your money to buy a good climbing treestand (Summit), some cheap camo clothing and a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Burly boots and several bottles of scent killer. That should top you out just over the $500 mark. In the woods and on budget.

I found a one-camPSE Firestorm with everything (dozen carbon arrows, sights, rest, stabilizer, release, peep) - and the guy is eventhrowing in a Block target with a spare sight and rest for $150. Here's the link.

http://www.huntingpa.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/620395/an/0/page/3#Post620395

That's an awesome deal for a good starter bow. You don't want to soak too much into it to begin with, because there's always the chance that you might not like it. Archery isn't for everybody.

Old 07-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

quicksilver,

I just need the bow/arrows/release/rest/quiver, all the other hunting accessories I have already. Thanks for the link. That does look like a great deal.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Hit the local pawnshops , you can usually find a top flight bow with all the extras for half what a new one costs or less . That and a pro shop tune up should come in right under the wire , and you'll have a great bow good for years to come .

Planning
? Yeah , right ....
Old 07-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Fork Horn

Planning? hehe...Just wait tilllittle johnnie's b-day presents start cutting into the hunting budget!

"Happy birthday son!, Here's your present...."
"...a new bow!!! Thanks dad!"
"It's still a little big for you son, but you'll grow into it in9 or 10years..."