Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Ever use a real shoulder mount & hide for a decoy? >

Ever use a real shoulder mount & hide for a decoy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever use a real shoulder mount & hide for a decoy?

Old 11-02-2002, 08:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default Ever use a real shoulder mount & hide for a decoy?

Just asking..
Ever use one? I thought if I put a hinge on the bottom of the mount and tie a cord to the antlers and set it up next to rubbing tree and use an old hide covering a small cedar tree to give it body and tie a cord to that cedar tree to give the body some movement and run the cords up a tree and do some rubbing and grunting and use some good doe pee or territorial buck pee, if that would work. What do you think? Well of course I would have to carry it out in an orange sack so I wouldn't get shot even though it's only bow season right now, we do have a lot of poachers around here. Well what do you think?

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
Eastern Ontario Guided Adventures http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html
Old 11-02-2002, 01:36 PM

Default RE: Ever use a real shoulder mount & hide for a decoy?

I am sure it could work, but they are heavy, and its alot to carry.
Old 11-02-2002, 02:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

droptine, I hate to say this, but I am laughing as I type this. Shoot it might work, but man how are you going to carry all this? Man if you try this take pics, I have to see this.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club
Old 11-03-2002, 06:32 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-03-2002, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Well the spot I have in mind isn't far from the house and I would try it tomorrow because it's opening day of the shotgun season here. But they use dogs here and as soon as the dogs are in the woods the deer dig a hole about 40 feet deep and hide down there playing cards and drinking beer till it's all over. I would have tried it earlier for the bow season but its too late now but when bow starts back up in 2 weeks I should have the design down the way I want it and be able to give it a try. The more I think of the more I think it will work. The only thing I won't be able to leave out there is the mount. There is the slight chance of another hunter seeing it but during the bow season he'll have to try to stalk it for the shot. Now that I would like to get on video. My brother in law once stalked an owl for about 200 yards when he finally realized it was one of those fake ones someone had out on their deck to scare away the birds. He was trying to get a picture of it and so was I when he was telling me the story.

I'm good at carrying lots of things. They used to call me Putt Putt Harris after Franco Harris because when they tried to tackle me during our sand lot football games I would carry all of them down the field to the goal line. I'm slow but I get there. I also have my 26lb son with me during the day and I carry him in back pack with me while I hunt. He gets the fresh air and I get the excercise. I let him down to run around too. He's still in the early stages of Dad's hunter training course. These are what memories are made of.

GOD BLESS
Charlie Patrick
Eastern Ontario Guided Adventures http://www3.sympatico.ca/chazpat/wildcanada.html

Edited by - droptine on 11/03/2002 20:40:01