Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease >

ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease

Old 06-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease

First off, I got a ticket, the my feeder and trailcam weren't working. Then this morning I blew out one of my all terrian tires beyond repair. Now my dad is taking away my drivers license because it's my second ticket in the last 4 weeks and I can't hunt this year.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease

How about quit speeding? Just tell dad you promise to pull your head out of your can and won't ever speed again. I bet he will give you another chance.
Old 06-30-2006, 12:42 PM

Listen to MTH, he's right...slow down...I have seen the after math of a couple of accidents involving service members...not pretty...speed kills!
if you were my son and came to me and looked me in the eye and said dad I promise I will slow down, please let me drive so that I may hunt...I would hug you neck, give some good advice and hand you your keys back with a promise that you wouldn’t drive till you were 21 if it happened again!

Good luck!

Old 06-30-2006, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

must be new to driving huh?? when i first started driving i was a speed freak. my friends mom said all she seen wheni went by the house was a maroon blurr and heard an engine humming lol. after i was in a wreck and i WASNT speeding and it WASNT my fault i quickly realized what a wreck at high speeds WILL do. i was hit by a guy not paying attention. i was coming to a stop sign andonly going 10-15mph max. he was in an SUV and probably going 10mpg as well. he CRUSHED my little Plymouth Duster. the impact was amazing. words cant explain it. i had a seatbelt on and my airbag deployed. i wasnt hurt at all. shooken up real good. airbags and the loud noise of the impact will make anyone scarred. i got out ready to BEAT HIS ACE. he seen how fast i jumped out and immediatly appologized and said he didnt see me. i was 2 blocks from the house. dad and the police were there before the guy could react. i was jacked. but hey i was ok and it wasnt my fault. but that opened my eyes. what if i hit a deer doing 70 in a 35?? what if i slip on a wet spot and nail a gaurd rail? what if someone is stopped and turning or going WAY slow on the other side of the hill that i cant see till its too late?? i still like to drive fast and accelorate hard. but ive calmed down and rather stay alive to hunt another day then die or be injured so badly i cant hunt again. id let your dad have the license for a little while. show him you learned your lesson and talk to him in a few weeks or so. tell him thats the last time and you realize you were a litttttle iresopnsible and and thats the last ticket. till then get to work and pay for the ticket and tire!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:45 PM

You got a lot of sucking up to do,luckly you have 3 months to do it.Thats a short reget .better then regetting something all your life .thats what you wise old man is trying to teach you.Always do the right thing even when no ones watching ,it makes for inner peace,which is priceless.From sw pa.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try not to be to hard on your dad he's just trying to keep you alive. Do some chores and show him that you've learned your lesson and he will probably parole you in time to hunt some.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:42 PM

that sucks
Old 06-30-2006, 02:45 PM

They have a poster on the wall here at work that is pretty sobering.

If you are traveling 10 miles on the highway and the posted speed limit is 55:

Driving 65 saves you less than 1 minute and increaes your chance of dying in a car crash by 12%

Driving 75 saves you almost 3 minutes, but increases you chance of dying in a car crash by about 42%

Your dad will cool off a bit soon. Keep your nose clean, suck up as prescribed by dayna and I'm sure you'll be hunting this fall.
Old 06-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep!

You've had a very bad day ,but you got some time to redeam yourself ,just maybe dad will give you a break this fall.
Quit speeding ,the ole insurance don't take too kindly to speeding .

nubo
Old 06-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Fork Horn

My dad made me put every bit of my stuff on ebay. Oh well, i guess I'll hunt when I get out of the house. It was nice talkin with all you guys.
Take care,
Blake

Quick Reply: ANOTHER BAD DAY at the deer lease

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.