Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubber boots?

Old 06-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rubber boots?

Can you smell rubber ? Think about it .
Old 06-28-2006, 05:52 AM
Spike

I have the Alpha Burly's as well...and they are great. I have seen more deer while wearing them. I think the sent is different, and doesn't alarm the deer...yet. Once they attach that sent to a hunter, it might be different. I have had some nice bucks trail me in during rut while wearing the Alpha Burly's.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also wear rubber boots. I have a pair of 800 gram thinsulate lined alpha burley's by Lacrosse. I love them and they can be worn during early season and as late season as you care if you line good socks in them. They feel like slippers inside, and Ican easily put several miles on them in a day without sore feet. Get them a size bigger. I am also very peticular about scent control, and rubber boots aren't the solution to it all thats for sure. I have also had similar situations as what Greg described above. I store my rubber boots in a seperate large tupperware container that I keep leaves, sticks, and earth scent wafers in, and also spray the heck out of the whole boot as I am dressing right before I walk in the woods. I won't wear my boots or clothes in the car, and get dressed once I pull into my intended hunting spot, and store everything in scent tight bags or containers. I have also had big old mature does pick my scent trail up that I could clearly see from my stand, and they nearly turn inside out trying to get out of there. Scent control is very important however it is no replacement for well planned entrance and exit routes, and hunting stands depending on the wind.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:35 AM
Typical Buck

I wear Muck boots also, The woody max,
Old 06-28-2006, 06:39 AM

Do you fella's with La Cross boots have any issues with them getting the boots on or off? My brother has a pair of insulated La Cross boots and is going to have me sell them on ebay just because he has a hard time getting them back off his feet once they are on. They fit good oncehe has them on,so the bootsarenot to small.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:27 AM

ORIGINAL: chiefks

Do you fella's with La Cross boots have any issues with them getting the boots on or off? My brother has a pair of insulated La Cross boots and is going to have me sell them on ebay just because he has a hard time getting them back off his feet once they are on. They fit good oncehe has them on,so the bootsarenot to small.
I wonder what model he has? I have an older pair of Lacrosse camo burleys with 1000 grams of thinsulate. They fit perfectly, which is firm in the ankle but just a smidge loose in the toe area with one pair of wool socks, and I have no problem getting them on or off at all.

I also have a pair of Rocky uninsulated rubber boots that are supposedly my size and easy to get on, but nearly impossible to get off after just an hour or two in them, even with slippery socks!

Old 06-28-2006, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

no problems with fit on my alpha burleys. The thing I like most about them is I can wear a thin sweat wicking sock during spring turkey season, or a super thick wool one during late archery and the boots seem to fit fine no matter what I have for socks.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your perspiration is making them moist and harder to remove. try spraying your feet with unscented anti-perspirant(not deodorant)
Old 06-28-2006, 09:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Personally, I had rubber boots, but never liked them much. Number one rule to me is to stay dry while hunting. I never had a pair of rubber boots that didn't make my feet sweat (with any type of sock). Granted, the smell from the sweat can not go through the boots, but it has to go somewhere.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Fork Horn

most of the rubber hunting boots you can buy when sprayed with a scent killing spay will work. like most of the other guys said they are not fool proof nor is most other boots

Quick Reply: Rubber boots?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.