HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Rubber boots?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 06:23 AM
Rick James
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Rubber boots?

I also wear rubber boots. I have a pair of 800 gram thinsulate lined alpha burley's by Lacrosse. I love them and they can be worn during early season and as late season as you care if you line good socks in them. They feel like slippers inside, and Ican easily put several miles on them in a day without sore feet. Get them a size bigger. I am also very peticular about scent control, and rubber boots aren't the solution to it all thats for sure. I have also had similar situations as what Greg described above. I store my rubber boots in a seperate large tupperware container that I keep leaves, sticks, and earth scent wafers in, and also spray the heck out of the whole boot as I am dressing right before I walk in the woods. I won't wear my boots or clothes in the car, and get dressed once I pull into my intended hunting spot, and store everything in scent tight bags or containers. I have also had big old mature does pick my scent trail up that I could clearly see from my stand, and they nearly turn inside out trying to get out of there. Scent control is very important however it is no replacement for well planned entrance and exit routes, and hunting stands depending on the wind.