Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elite vs Bowtech court ruling >

Elite vs Bowtech court ruling

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elite vs Bowtech court ruling

Old 06-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elite vs Bowtech court ruling

Well it looks like Elite has basically been put of business based on the recent court ruling. They have been prohibited from producing bows after September 1st using thier existing design. The ruling stated they can no longer produce bows that resemble the binary cam, riser look and color nor the limb angles in the limb pockets, even speed nocks, basically the entire bow design. I guess the courts felt that they were indeed just a little "TOO SIMILAR" legally speaking. Unless Elite has a complete new design already ready to go that can surpass existing ( Bowtech ) products already on dealers racks and can some how get them produced quickly and distributed contrary to the 2006 intro I would say they are done. Can't see how being shut down before the hunting season and told to reinvent themselves could be overcome. Glad I bought another Bowtech this spring but dissapointed that a new bow company went down so quickly.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:59 PM

Default RE: Elite vs Bowtech court ruling

Ohhh....that's not so good news for us. We were going to be an Elite dealer....just been waiting on this to get settled so we could be shipped some bows. I wasn't very happy with the way Elite was doing things, anyway. GREAT bow, no question, if you could get past the draw cycle. But they were out trying to sell bows before the could "sell" bows.....if that makes sense. I personally feel they shouldn't have even been advertising until all their ducks were in a row.

It's a shame, though. I shot an E-Force, and that bad boy was SMOKIN fast and very, very, very quiet. Bummer. I'll have to head to the shop tomorrow and see what I can find out.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting, I posted this also over on archerytalk and within a few hours there were over 60 responses. I guess Elite is not well known outside that limited internet site. For those who don't know what Elite is, its the new company started by Kevin Struthers the ex VP that was fired by Bowtech recently. They were producing basically a knockoff of bowtech but used good strings and laminated Barnsdale limbs. The models looked like exact duplicates, binary cams and all.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Terry,
I saw the post over on AT first thing this morning but it didn't really surprise me.I've been following the Elite/Bowtech drama every since it started i just never post on it or get caught up in itbecause it gets to be a pretty heated and debated topic or should i say argument,especially on AT. The Elite bows were impressive with the specs and numbers but it was clear that they were a knockoff of the Bowtech line, heck, even Ray Charles could see that.Looks like it's all coming to a head and it will be interestingto see what becomes of all this. Thanks for the post.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:21 PM

Well, I just got back from the shop and I'm getting a conflicting story. As I understand it, the lawsuits against Elite have been thrown out, but they are going to have to change their cams a little. The understanding I have is that Elite is going to begin shipping bows this coming week.

Now it's Bowtech's turn in court. I'm not gonna start any rumors here, but if what I hear is true, (and this is coming from the Elite rep, so who know's for sure?) Bowtech may be in trouble before this is over with.

Again, this is coming from someone associated w/ Elite.......so I take it w/ a grain of salt. One thing I know for sure........We won't know exactly what is going on until it's over with. I hope it turns out ok for the both of them.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

We won't know exactly what is going on until it's over with. I hope it turns out ok for the both of them.
Ditto!, I too hope it turns out ok for all involved.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's the reason I didn't reply, no one really knows where all of this is going until it is over and done. One court ruling isn't over & done.

I didn't hold out for an Elite because I just didn't trust they'll make it through this. I'm fairly certain Bowtech will though.
Old 06-24-2006, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Again, this is coming from someone associated w/ Elite.......so I take it w/ a grain of salt. One thing I know for sure........We won't know exactly what is going on until it's over with. I hope it turns out ok for the both of them.
Mobowhunter,
I was merely repeating the facts as I read them from the post made by the CEO of Elite archery over on archerytalk.com. Pop over and check it out yourself its fairly clear and written by Kate Struthers herself. I think your sales rep was in damage control mode. The post is in the Industry news section on Archerytalk.com.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:09 PM

Not arguing w/ you in the least. I don't doubt that post one bit, but the only concern I have with ANYTHING that ANYBODY is hearing is this. If it is still in court, which it is......the OFFICIAL information won't be released until it's done. That is true of what I heard and posted as well. Yes, could certainly be damage control, but if they really aren't going to be shipping bows......that wasn't damage control in the least. It only made it worse.

Maybe, and again, I'm not trying to be conflicting, just voicing an opinion....maybe she posted that as a smoke screen. Maybe it's not even her.......I'm not saying it isn't, just maybe. I'm not going to truly believe anything until I hear an OFFICIAL statement, which we all know will certainly be made by both parties involved. Everything until then is strictly speculation.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually both Kate and Kevin post regularly on Archerytalk. It certainly looks legit. Those Sales reps are the same guys who were going around promising 3 week deliveries remember ?
Actually I'm dissapointed as the bows were probably top notch. I mean when you start with a winner like a binary cam bowtech and basically upgrade it with a better limb ( laminated Barnsdale ) it has to be a great product. This industry needs more companies and competition not less. I hope they return and do it properly next time not just market a knockoff.

Quick Reply: Elite vs Bowtech court ruling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.