Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I have a ? on broadheads >

I have a ? on broadheads

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I have a ? on broadheads

Old 06-20-2006, 08:33 PM

Default I have a ? on broadheads

I am kinda new to bow hunting. I was thinking about getting some new broadheads and I like the way the crimson raptor 125 grain looks. But I need some advice on it. I have a pse firestorm compound bowit is one of the older ones and I also have a parker crossbow I would like to shout the same broadheads if i can. Thanks for any advice that you can give.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: I have a ? on broadheads

i shot the crimson talon last year, nice broadhead but not durable enough for me. I'm swithching to slick tricks just like almost everyone one else on huningnet.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:26 PM

Who makes The slick tricks? I have been looking in the bass pro book and can not find them.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 PM

im not getting all this durable stuff about the talons. i switched to them and love them and the way i look at it lets just say every time you kill a deer you waste a broadhead that costs 10 bucks each like the talons, think about all the money spent on your stand, your hunting clothes, all your gear that you buy for hunting. isnt it worth it? now i shot 14 deer last year during bow season(we have a dmap stamp for damage and 12 went to hunters for the hungry) and i dint have a problem with any of my talons. they are nasty. i didnt have a deer go further than 30 yards from point of impact. i even shot one of the does through the head at 48 yards and it was apassthrough right through the skull destroying it and stuck in the ground 6 inches and still reused it. so for me the proof is in the pudding.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

i believe ive heard this story before, shoot Muzzy''s you cant go wrong
Old 06-21-2006, 07:45 AM

ORIGINAL: reed2404

Who makes The slick tricks? I have been looking in the bass pro book and can not find them.
A few stores are starting to carry them, but you're best off probably just ordering them direct: www.slicktrick.net

I used them last year...took my first doe and was very happy with the performance of the broadhead.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now I know that people don't shoot into cement blocks while hunting but it does show you how tough a broadhead really is.

From 15 yards with a 424 grain arrow traveling at 294 fpsI shot a number of broadheads into cinder blocks.

While mostdid well considering the test,the tallons literally blew up and pieces went everywhere with only the base of the furrel and two "fingers" remaining in tact. Muzzies did the same thing.

The slick trick I shot four times on the same arrow and with the same blades. Everything remained in tact and it wasn't untill the fourth shot that the furrel bent ever so slightly.

If you wantthe toughest, strongest, and one of the most accureate heads made then shoot a slick trick.

Old 06-21-2006, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am also switching to slicktricks...all I hear is good things about them!
Old 06-21-2006, 10:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

G5!!!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Fork Horn

Befor I switched to expandables I always shot NAP Thunderhead 100gr. and they performed flawlesly. I will definetly use these when I finally go Elk hunting but I am going to switch to the 125gr.

Quick Reply: I have a ? on broadheads

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.