Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bad news

Old 06-18-2006, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: bad news

thanks for all the help guys, I dont know what id do with out you guys here at hunting.net, its a pretty close knit congregation here. We all would do anything for each other,I only wish the rest of the world was like this.It truly is a pleasure knowing all you guys
Old 06-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

I wish you the best. Sounds like you are going to some serious pros tho, and they will take great care of you.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Take care of your health,good that you found it out now instead of
when you gotten older,good luck!
Old 06-18-2006, 07:40 PM

Wow. That really hits home cause I am 16. Man I hope and pray everything goes ok. Hopefully you will be in good enough shape to hunt though. Thanks for sharing.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

im pretty sure ill be in working condition by hunting season,atleast i hope
Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM

2.5 years ago at the age of 49 I was diagnosed with Atrial Fibrillation and believe me my heart was fluttering like crazy. They tried a couple of procedures that didn't work. Finally they did a RF cath procedure through my groin and burned 40specific areas inside my heart to create scar tissue which kept the excess electrical charges from connecting. Today I'm as good as new. I know it all sounds scary but hang in there buddy you will be alright and should be in top shape to go hunting this year. My prayers are with you. Keep the faith.

TEXAS
Old 06-18-2006, 11:08 PM
Typical Buck

I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I HAD A HEART ATTACK A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO JUST AS THE RUT KICKED IN. I MISSED THE RUT AND MOST OF THE SEASON. USE THE DOWN TIME AS A WAY TO ONE BETTER YOUR HEALTH AND THINK OVER YOU GAME PLAN FOR THE NEXT YEAR. I SPENT A LOT OF TIME GOING OVER MAPPS AND THINKING ABOUT AND READING UP ON DIFFENT THINGS RELATED TO HUNTING. BY THE TIME THE NEXT SEASON ROLLED AROUND I HAD A NEW WAY OF LOOKING AT SCENT CONTROLL AND MY OVER ALL GAME PLAN. WILL KEEP YOU IN PRAY BUT EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE. KEEP IN CONTACT WITH EVERYONE.
GOD BLESS.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it makes you feel any better, my daughter was about 8 or nine years old when she had hers done. When she came to, she was asked what she wanted to eat. Any kid would have picked something cool. My daughter wanted a baked potato. True Idahoan she is. In your rest time, check out www.pcarchery.com , that should keep you practiced up. I was nervous as heck when she went through it. I broke down in tears to see my baby like that, but she is as tough as nails and is as normal as heck now. She is able to play sports where she would turn blue and shake before the procedure. She is now 14 and I have to let the guys know ,that I know how to shoot straight. Now the guys turn blue and shake, instead of her!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck and may God bless and keep you in his hands.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for all the help guys

Quick Reply: bad news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.