Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate? >

Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate?

Old 06-15-2006, 03:22 PM

Default Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate?

I noticed a thread about a carbon arrow with a crack in it and it's made me curious. Have any of you had a carbon arrow splinter upon release? I don't mean when it impacts the target but rather the moment when the arrow is sent on its way.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:51 PM

Default RE: Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate?

Nope. The part of the "splintering, exploding arrow on release" story they don't tell you is that of the .....oh......3 or 4 known times it's happened, it's because the arrow somehow got jammed on the rest or riser.

I've certainly had them break from hitting ......oh..........if I HAD to make something up........let's say a rock......that could happen.....[&:]

They can, and do break though. But exploding on release and impaling your bowhand is just....well......not very likely at all.
Old 06-15-2006, 03:59 PM

I have seen the scars from this happening to an old friend from IL.Nasty.I know alot of people who shoot carbon arrows along with myself and this was the onlyincident Iknow of.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

You mean like this off of thunderbucks.com http://www.thunderbucks.com/cgi/forum/Blah.pl?b-bowhunting/m-1150229985/s-new/
Old 06-15-2006, 04:07 PM

Does that guy live in IL?
Old 06-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: marcusjb

I noticed a thread about a carbon arrow with a crack in it and it's made me curious. Have any of you had a carbon arrow splinter upon release? I don't mean when it impacts the target but rather the moment when the arrow is sent on its way.
yes i have had a carbon arrow explode upon release,it happened last Sunday. at first i was like what happened ,as the arrow flue very weirdly ,which told me some thing went wrong.da!
it broke off about three inch's behind the tip in a very raged brake
Old 06-15-2006, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have, one recently. Shot it, pulled it, checked it, and when I went to draw it again I noticed a different sound, looked it over at full draw, didn't see anything wrong and released. Part of it went into the woods, parts on the ground, the string sliced my hand but no damage to the bow except the site took a hit and my doniker d2 has since fallen apart. I thought I had did some serious injury to my hand. It began to swell instantly but I put ice on it right away for about an hour and it was better, though cut, by evening.

I won't release another one if thepitch changes like that one did, or any changein sound.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:49 PM

Nubo, would you mind describing the sound the arrow made? That way we could all have another way to "test" our arrows.

Thanks
Old 06-15-2006, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was shooting with a buddy and he had one blow up after he shot. Itstuck right in his hand, It was not a pretty site. Always check dem Carbons.

Hatchet Jack
Old 06-15-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just checked out the picture on the web site and that is what happen to my buddy too a TEE!! NASTY!!!!!

Hatchet Jack

Quick Reply: Have you ever had a carbon arrow disintegrate?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.