Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It takes a bowhunter >

It takes a bowhunter

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It takes a bowhunter

Old 06-13-2006, 01:41 PM

Default It takes a bowhunter

Here I am, struggling to type this message, sunburnt from head to feet, wanting to shoot my bow. It is that time of year, due to Hurricane Katrina, that I am finally able to take my bow out. It just so happens to be the one time when I can hardly move an inch.

The BowTech Allegiance is sitting in my room waiting to sling some arrows into my newly purchased Morrel's bag target. The temperature, with a high on 92, is perfect for shooting. But I have one little problem- It's hard to move when your back and shoulders are covered in second degree burns.

It all started Friday when I was out fishing. I caught two ground mullet and a speckled trout. I put them on my stringer and tossed them back into the water. I was happy with my catch. It was my first time fishing since the storm. The fishing died down, being 2:30 PM, so I decided to jump in for a few minutes. I took my shirt off, a death sentence for the southern sun, and dove in. I was swimming in for thirty minutes when I heard a loud splasing about ten feet away. I quickly looked over at my stringer and saw the signature marks of a black tip shark. The next thing I know I am running on top of the water trying to get back up on the dock.

I pull up my stringer to find the speck gone, the tail end of a ground mullet floating, and the head end of the other ground mullet still on the stringer. I take the head end of the ground mullet and attach it to my hook. I threw it out there and started reeling in slowly. I saw the fin surface above the water, and feel my line jerk suddenly. I hooked him.

After several minutes of fighting him, he snapped the line and swam off. I was filled with excitement until I looked down. I was sunburned from head to feet.

I have been laying down for the past three days. I have the bright idea to get up and go shoot my bow, without a shirt, back covered in blisters, in 92 degree weather. I am curious to see how loud I will scream when I first pull back 70.4 pounds, hearing my skin crack. Wish me luck!

Old 06-13-2006, 02:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: It takes a bowhunter

You pain freak!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:30 PM
Site Buck Guru

Don't do it man! It could lead to bad shooting form that will take even longer to fix when you do feel alright. Besides you still are not right...."It is 92 degrees, perfect for shooting a bow." See what I mean?

BTW, you should enter your.... Swimming with Shark!" story to Manly Man Week in the off season forum. How much more manly can you get? That demands respect!
Old 06-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

BILL CLINTON said it

I feel your pain.

L.O.L. OUCH!