Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder
 CVA Wolf takes two >

CVA Wolf takes two

Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

CVA Wolf takes two

Old 11-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default CVA Wolf takes two

Well, I've had a pretty productive deer season, first one in a few years anyway. I shot a button buck the Illinois first season and just got home with my second season harvest. I shot a doe at 80 yards. Both were taken with theCVA Wolf I got last year for Christmas, 2 50gr Pyrodex pellets, 300gr Barnes Expander MZ with Crushed Rib sabots, and Remington Kleen Bore primers. Thedeer was a nice 3-3.5 year Pope County doe shot about 8:30am Thursday morning. Right through the shoulders complete pass through.......a "boom/flop". I may never buy another shotgun slug. I'd never known what I've been missing all these years not hunting with a muzzleloader. Wedidn't have a scale but the guys I hunt with thought she'd go at least 145-150 on the hoof.

Old 11-30-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CVA Wolf takes two

Here's the button buck. Small but will be tasty

Old 11-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

That is a beautiful doe.. she is a real dandy. Also you're right, that button buck will be some excellent eating. Congratulations.

I think a lot of people are not aware of the benefits of a muzzleloader over a shotgun. We have shotgun only counties in our State as well. My friends who live in one of them counties report to me how many people they now see with muzzleloaders instead of shotguns. In fact my friend has hunted with a simple .45 caliber Kentucky long rifle and roundball for many years down there. He seems to get a deer every year.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:17 PM

Your looking at some good eats there.Congrats.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the deer! That doe is really nice. I have got to go look at one of those CVA Wolf's. I am really liking that gun more and more. AS long as it feels good in my hands, I am sure that I will have one within a month.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Dominant Buck

WTG.....Good Job.......Congrat's
Old 11-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!
You just might cost me $129.95 + tax with this post!!!!!!!!
My local gun shop got 10 CVA Wolf rifles in by mistake and are selling them cheap rather than trying to return them. I've been avoiding going in there since I've been wanting one anyway, just hate to shell out the $$$, now I may have to buy one. [8D]

Congratulations on the deer!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wabi

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!!
You just might cost me $129.95 + tax with this post!!!!!!!!
My local gun shop got 10 CVA Wolf rifles in by mistake and are selling them cheap rather than trying to return them. I've been avoiding going in there since I've been wanting one anyway, just hate to shell out the $$$, now I may have to buy one. [8D]

Congratulations on the deer!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, You better jump on that deal. I think the word is out on them. I gave $100 for mine and put a Nikon Pro Staff on it. They are only going up in price. I haven't found a bullet it hasn't liked. I've tried both the 250 and 300gr Barnes Expander MZ's, 250gr Sabertooths, 300gr XTP's and of course the Powerbelts shoot well out of them. I've held off buying a muzzleloader for years and this was offered to me brand new in the box.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Typical Buck

I just bought a Wolf from Cabelas and I'm waiting for it to come in. I've never used a ML so it's going to be a totally new experience. Right now I'm using a shotgun with scope and slugs, and after three misses I decided I needed something with a little reliability and accuracy. I really didn't want a rifle, so I went with an ML. I thought the Wolf was a good deal, Camo stock with blued barrel, scope and starter kit cost me $259. Hope it's worth it!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

WHAT?!! You mean you don't have to buy an Omega or a $700 Knight to kill deer?That's amazing!!!

Seriously though, congrats. You got some fine eatin' there!

Quick Reply: CVA Wolf takes two

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.