Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Sponsors backing out of WHA >

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sponsors backing out of WHA

Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Sponsors backing out of WHA

As of 12:30pm Mst. G5 is no longer going to sponsor the WHA. I was told by their marketing rep that they have come under HEAVY criticism for their involvement with the WHA. Now I don't have to take my sights off. I was also told their website will be updated by tomorrow.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sponsors backing out of WHA

GOOD!
I think that any wanna - be sponsor should reconsider taking part of this distastful & unsportsman like compitition.
It's just bad P.R. for any company that would try to advertise in such atour like this.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Typical Buck

I will never use them again or carry their productsin my shop, regardless.

Why?

Here's the wayI see it---G5 heavilythumbed their noses at us hunters, much like the WHA has as well as some of the "Pro" shooters--- even after seeing and hearing the initial response from ethical hunters and sportsmen that this whole thing was definately a BAAADDD idea. It's blatantly obvious that they could give a rats' butt about US, ourHERITAGE,or anythingassociated withETHICAL HUNTING---nope, all about the money. If G5 thought for one minute that they would not lose big-time on the backing of the WHA, make no mistake they would still be firmly behind them. Extreme Scents sits in the same boat, they are in factstill dragging their feet in hopes that something may still come of the WHA or some miraculous wand will be waved and everyone will all of a sudden support them.

Eastman Outdoors (Carbon Express, Gorilla)immediately dropped the WHA like a hot rock when they heard initial reports that the hunters were not in favor. So I can appreciate that and overlook their "momentary lapse of reason", even though I still do not feel all warm and fuzzy about them noweither.. But not G5, and not Extreme, and certainly not some ofself-entitled"Pro" shooters who continued to back the WHA regardless. Each of these individuals will have to lie in the bed that they made as far as I'm concerned.

I think that is a logical way to view the whole thing if one thinks it through. Glad to hear they are backing out, even tho forced to do so.
Old 06-12-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It just suprises me that a company would actually sponsor something like this in the first place. It should be a no-brainer. Kind of like Jimmy Houston letting someone film him on a "canned hunt". Those are the career killers, that you don't want to be associated with. Fortunately, the hunting community reacted right on this one. Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pinwheel 12

I will never use them again or carry their productsin my shop, regardless.

Why?

Here's the wayI see it---G5 heavilythumbed their noses at us hunters, much like the WHA has as well as some of the "Pro" shooters--- even after seeing and hearing the initial response from ethical hunters and sportsmen that this whole thing was definately a BAAADDD idea. It's blatantly obvious that they could give a rats' butt about US, ourHERITAGE,or anythingassociated withETHICAL HUNTING---nope, all about the money. If G5 thought for one minute that they would not lose big-time on the backing of the WHA, make no mistake they would still be firmly behind them. Extreme Scents sits in the same boat, they are in factstill dragging their feet in hopes that something may still come of the WHA or some miraculous wand will be waved and everyone will all of a sudden support them.

Eastman Outdoors (Carbon Express, Gorilla)immediately dropped the WHA like a hot rock when they heard initial reports that the hunters were not in favor. So I can appreciate that and overlook their "momentary lapse of reason", even though I still do not feel all warm and fuzzy about them noweither.. But not G5, and not Extreme, and certainly not some ofself-entitled"Pro" shooters who continued to back the WHA regardless. Each of these individuals will have to lie in the bed that they made as far as I'm concerned.

I think that is a logical way to view the whole thing if one thinks it through. Glad to hear they are backing out, even tho forced to do so.
Excellent post and logic there Pinwheel 12.

Is there a way anybodycan get a list of all "pro hunters who endorsed/endorse this BS?
Old 06-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well done Pinwheel. I was very surpised to see G5 and Eastman even on the list to begin with.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:15 PM

I would also be curious to know who are the supposed "Pro Hunters" who signed on for this.

Granted, we don't know exactly what they were sold on, or even if they personally knew what they were signing up for. So you can't necessarily go dragging them through the mud on this. I would be willing to bet that the "pro hunters" that Farbman has reportedly already signed are his own cronies who were already in on the deal with him to begin with.

BUT! I would like to hear from some of them, and see what their take is and how on earth they think this is a good idea.....THEN we can drag them through the proverbial mud like they probably deserve!

Old 06-12-2006, 03:31 PM

I agree with pinwheel. The only reason they backed out is because of the potential to lose money. Doesn't mean they are oposed to it, and could very well still be all for it. It just came down to money in the end. If there would have been a better chance of making money with the program you know what way they would have went.

If you are the type of person to boycott a company for its political or moral views you may as well continue with what you had planned, because nothing has changed except they got scared of losing money.

Paul
Old 06-12-2006, 03:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm actually very interested in the "pros" that signed on...I'd bet ten to one most are no namers associated with this guy who started WHA...AND/OR are only interested in the money to be made, IF there is still sponsors to give such monies.

I can't see any stand up company in the hunting industry having anything to do with it at this point, they should take the warning from the ones who withdrew thus far...and any sponsor that is not hunting related but used by hunters ought to heed warning as well.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am not in favor of this kid of hunting but.................

How many of you watch ESPN, use Ranger, Triton, etc... boats, use Mann fishing lures, Strike king spinner baits, use Lowrance fish finders,etc... etc... These are all sponcers of Bassmasters fishing tournaments. All of the fish caught under go the same stresses that these deer would under go. Some of these fish die as a result of these fishing tournaments just like the deer would.

How about the catch and release bill fish tournaments. How any of you use Costa DelMar sunglasses, use Cape horn boats, Mercury engines, etc... etc... these fish get to be cought and pulled up along side a large boat and get a tag stuck in their backs.

All of these fish under go many more stresses being hooked, fought with the rod and reel, landed, live welled,drove around all day, placed in baskets, removed from the water and weighed, held up by their lips for photo ops, placed in a holding tank, and finallyreleased far away from where they were caughtthan these deer would by being tranquilized.

This is no better or worse than any of these fishing tournaments, it just hasn't been done before.

Quick Reply: Sponsors backing out of WHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.