Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does the bar on climbing stands.... >

Does the bar on climbing stands....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does the bar on climbing stands....

Old 06-10-2006, 05:37 PM

Default RE: Does the bar on climbing stands....

m00sedrool......I too, have an API climber, the Grand Slam Extreme. Mine is basically your stand but w/ the bar. I agree, they are good stands, but they are just so LOUD!! Everything clanks and bangs on it.

The bar really shines when climbing. Sit down/ stand up. No need hanging by your forearms like the open front stands. I'm so wore out by the time I get to altitude, I need a nap.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Viper top(with a bar) and a Bushmaster top(open front) that I use with my Summit platform. I use the open top once in a while but I actually prefer the Viper top. The seat and climbing platform can be adjusted so you can clear the bar on all but the longest ata bows or extreme downward angled shots. The bar also make a good place to rest the bow on once in a while
Old 06-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have an API Super Star. The bar swings out of the way for an open front. If I'm gun hunting, I keep the bar up and also swing my foot rest up to make it a gun rest.
Old 06-10-2006, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

I like a bar on climbing stands simply for ease in climbing, but I will only use one that swings down or away. No bar is needed for security by me. I much prefer open fronts for shooting purposes.
Old 06-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't had the bar and it was ok, still piled'm up. My brother has a bar and uses it to sit, or better said lean on and has a better 360 view than I did. Last year because of the feature spotted deer long before I did. He also spooked them before I could get a shot off, but we had a good laugh about it.

The North Star I'm using this year has the bar and it does swing down out of the way. I'd say that is the way to go. Ibelieve you can remove them anyways soget one with and see for yourself.
Old 06-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like having the bar it makes climbing easier and i feel safer . If you feel more comfortable i think it willimprove your shot
Old 06-11-2006, 09:54 AM

I have the Summit Razor which has the bar that you can put under the seat. I really like it. You use the bar to climb with and then once you reach the height you desire just put it underneath you.
Old 06-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Dominant Buck

I prefer my 1 piece loggy. You'll have a hard time convincing me more is better. After Reading some of these posts, the bar doesn't get in the way but you can take a nasty smack in the mouth separating the two pieces.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:14 PM

summit viper. doesnt get in the way and the bar is a good place to have to lay your bow down while you wait. and its fast and easy to stand up and shoot because you dont have to reach for the bow.
Old 06-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Banned

Never bothered me. Ilike the it on my viper.

Quick Reply: Does the bar on climbing stands....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.