Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Quotes about hunting >

Quotes about hunting

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Quotes about hunting

Old 06-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Quotes about hunting

A day in the woods and seeing no deer. Talking to fellow hunters and they are excited atseeing tracks..... but no deer?
YOU CAN'T EAT TRACKS, NO MATTER HOW YOU COOK'EM.
I like the above as well and may start to use some, if only in thought.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:56 PM
Typical Buck

My wife always says this to herself right before sheshoots adoe......"meat is meat and we all have to eat"
Old 06-07-2006, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I hunt deer because I love the entire process; the preparations, the excitement, and sustained suspense of trying to match my woodslore against the finely honed instincts of these creatures. On most days spent in the woods, I come home with an honestly earned feeling that something good has taken place. It makes no difference whether I got anything; it has to do with how the day was spent."

"Life in the open is one of the finest rewards. I enjoy and become completely immersed in the high challenge and increased opportunity to become for a time a part of nature. Deer hunting is a classical exercise in freedom. It is a return to fundamentals that I instinctively feel are basic and right."

"I have always tempered my killing with respect for the game pursued. I see the animal not only as a target but as a living creature with more freedom than I will ever have. I take that life if I can with regret as well as joy, and with the sure knowledge that nature's ways of fang and claw or exposure and starvation are a far crueler fate than I bestow."

Fred Bear

Old 06-07-2006, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

"I have hunted almost everyday of my life...the rest have been wasted". --Primos

"And dar he was---gone!" ---Da Thirty Point Buck
Old 06-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Fork Horn

Vegeterian, Indian word for bad Hunter.