Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who hunts before work? >

Who hunts before work?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who hunts before work?

Old 05-31-2006, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default Who hunts before work?

Hey guys, I just graduated college and am taking an office job. I am working on finding small woodlots to hunt around my work, but I will not get out until about 5 mostly, I was thinking about trying to hunt before work in the mornings. I have to be in the office at 8 45. Do any of you guys do this?
The thing that sucks is I need to be wearing business professional clothing So I need to develop a method to clean up in the truck or car before heading in.

Just wondering if anyone out there has mastered this hassle.

Jim
Old 05-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who hunts before work?

I have a little bit more flexibility than most in that I am self employed.I also have all the responsibility that comes with self employment.For me the mornings are practically always to much of a challenge,because I have to shower and wear business attire as well.I also have clients that I am meeting with through out the course of the day with pre determined appointments.I will always attempt to get out earlier and hunt the afternoons,that way I don't have to go any where after my hunt and if I do take an animal I am under no time pressure to get it out of the woods and hung and skinned and cut up depending on how warm it is.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The question is, Who hunts instead of work?
Old 05-31-2006, 09:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

tscoc nailed it for me.... that's what I try to do as well. That, and I hate mornings...
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 PM

I have hunted before school. I wouldnt have to go first houron gamedaysbecause I had workouts. So I would hunt football gameday mornings. Sleep in free period and be ready for the game.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Before i retired I never worked during huntin season,thats why I married a professional
Old 06-01-2006, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are a couple of considerations to hunting before work:

- changing out of hunting clothes
- will work allow a weapon at work even in the car, most companies will not allow guns on the property and some companies (mine included) consider a bow a weapon and will not allow it on the property.
- what if you shoot one?

I do hunt before work occassionally, but I can hunt minutes from my house, work flex time for hours and have an understanding boss (ie he's a hunter), so if I show up at 10 instead of 8 because I shot a deer, he just smiles.

--Bob

Old 06-01-2006, 06:01 AM
Dominant Buck

Not possible for me , my job starts at 6:00 am . [&o]
Old 06-01-2006, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt every day before work. Of corse I don't have to be to work until 3;00 PM so I'm not so rushed. But I don't see why you coulden't wear coveralls bring soap and water with you shower at home before you leave bring a wash rag with you. When you come out of the woods remove your boots and coveralls, wash face and hands, put on clean shirt,shoes, tie and jacket,comb hair off to work.
Old 06-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt before work but I have some flexibility on my show time in case I shoot something. Preparation is the key as far as having all the right clothes to change into. It's a little more rushed than I like to be sometimes but an extra hour or two in the stand is always worth.

Quick Reply: Who hunts before work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.