Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cheap Target Question >

Cheap Target Question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheap Target Question

Old 05-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Cheap Target Question

Why would this accept only broadheads? What would happen if I was naughty and shot field points at it anyway?

http://keystonecountrystore.com/Archery_Equipment_-_Supplies/Targets/Foam_Targets/American_Whitetail_Field_King_Target/Page_1/TGT2519405.html
Old 05-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheap Target Question

They say 'excepts' if they meant 'accepts' ???... 'except' means don't use them. I think who whoever wrote up the description just does't know their archery at all judging from the wording (or english). broadhead only? never heard of it....
Old 05-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I was wondering about "excepts" myself. Good price though, free shipping too. Is there such a thing as "broadhead only?"
Old 05-29-2006, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is a misspell .Go ahead and be naughty and shoot with either you know you want to
Old 05-29-2006, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would think any target that can accept a broadhead can also accept a field point. The reverse is not true
Old 05-29-2006, 08:31 AM

Yellow Jacket has one that is designed for BHs only. It even says not to shoot it w/ field points. Not sure why. If it stops BHs why wouldn't it stop field points? I don't understand either, unless they know that BHs tear up a target faster and if all you shoot is broadheads, you'll need to replace it faster.....I dunno.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I own a Yellow Jacket and I will tell you, DON'T SHOOT FIELD TIPS INTO IT!!!

Your arrows will bury all the way to the fletching and removal is a task because the material of the Jacket grips onto your arrows something fierce

If they come straight out and tell you that it is for FP's or BH's only there is usually good reason [8D]

BTW the Jacket is one awesome BH target.

Old 05-29-2006, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it stops BHs why wouldn't it stop field points?
Oh is stops them just fine, its just trying to get them out that is the problem. My buddy has one and we have shot it with both, but dang is it hard to pull fieldpoints out of it. When it takes 1 minute to shoot 5 arrows and 5 minutes to pull them out its no fun.AlsoI like to be resting between shots, not so when you are pulling with all your might to get the dang arrows out of the target.
Old 05-29-2006, 08:47 AM

At the most the arrows will be hard to pull out. Sort of like a 3-D target, but maybe worse. I think I read this is the problem with the Yellow jacket targets. I don't know for sure if it would hurt it, but it might not be that fun after a few shots. I would for sure use some arrow lube.

It may pull chunks of the target out though on a target like the yellow jacket? This target sounds more like a Black Hole or The Block. It should be fine to shoot target tips into.

Paul
Old 05-29-2006, 08:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

BTW the Jacket is one awesome BH target.
I agree, I have both the Jacket broadhead target and bag target, also have the block 4x4. The block can be used for both, so far I realy like it, but the jury will not decide until I find out how long it lasts in the long run.

Quick Reply: Cheap Target Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.