Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STS ?

Old 05-27-2006, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default STS ?

To the guys usingan STS silencer on their bows one question. Do you put extra serving on your string were it touches the STS? If you don't does this cause excessive wear on your string? I'm very interested in this product and would like to Know how people like or dislike them. I guess that's two questions.
Old 05-27-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: STS ?

I did put serving on my string, and I do like my STS. I shoot a Mathews Legend and I now have no added string silencers of any kind on my string.
Old 05-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Typical Buck

I didn't and didn't notice any extra wear or tear. There was some string serving for this purpose included with my STS when I got it. I like my STS greatly as well as it has allowed me to get rid of all string silencers.
Old 05-27-2006, 08:54 PM

I have an STS system on my Old Glory and I did not add serving to my string. I originally tried the STS on my Allegiance and didn't add serving to the string and never noticed any extra string wear so I didn't add it to my OG. The STS is a great tool but it can be a little tricky to set-up and tune with, when that is all done it is one of the best add-ons you can make in my opinion!
Old 05-27-2006, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a STS system on my Martin Fury, I did add a serving where it touches. I didn't use the serving they provided, and just used my own. It does quiet the bow down some but it also seems to add a bit a kick to it. As far as knowing if I like it or not, I haven't decided yet because I don't shoot that bow very often. I have aTargetMathews Conquest 3 that I plan on shooting a whole buch this next winter at our indoor leagues. I will try it with and without the STS.