Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one? >

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Old 05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Banned

Default RE: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

I shoot a drop away but I'm not going to go down this path of which one is better cause we all have our beliefs. A question I want to ask that I have always wondered about is how many shots through a biscuit till the bristles start to get worn at the bottom where the arrow rests or is this an issue? Also, Ihave a friend that works in a pro shop and he says that WB's keep him in the refletching business. Is this true unless you use the blazer vane?
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm really impressed with mine. i have the quikshot droptine rest. i had it put on and shot with it that day and was already stacking arrows. the bisquit can be hard on fletching but i had some bohning vanes put on the other day and shot each arrow quite a few times with no sign of wear.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would get the deluxe also....actually, thats the one I have You can slip the arrow in through the opening so it is easier to load than pushing the arrow through the center. Also it has both vertical and horizontal adjustment so you can move it and tune you bow easier.

I love mine, and I'm sure you'll love yours too.
Old 05-19-2006, 03:08 PM
Fork Horn

i have been shooting a whisker biscuit about 3times a weekfor a little over a year and it has just started showing signs of wear on the bristles where the arrow rest. But other then this i think it is a great rest, and i don't plan on switching any time soon
Old 05-19-2006, 03:40 PM

I would also go w/ the deluxe because of the ease of loading. Your arrow is just as secure.

I have friends that shoot w/ this rest and we have not seen that it tears up fletching at all. We've even shot feathers through it w/ no ill effects. One buddy of mine shoots blazers and he's shot.....oh.......thousands of arrows through his. Blazers are fine and so is the biscuit. Great rest, especially if you do a lot of stalking.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:07 PM

Get the deluxe, with the quick load, side slot.Also get some blazers. Try this set up.Works good for me!! Sure the bristles will wear out,after maybe a thousand shots Also if your shooting carbons get the next size larger
Old 05-19-2006, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Also, Ihave a friend that works in a pro shop and he says that WB's keep him in the refletching business. Is this true unless you use the blazer vane?
When I still had the orginal WB, with the black bristles and no quick load slot and I was shooting 4" quick spins, yes, it was true. Those quick spin fletchings would wrinkle if you snizzed on them![]
Old 05-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

hardcore hunter andall...ive been shooting the same biscuit for my 3rd year now and i will have to change it around august that is will 2-7 times a week shooting.

i have found blazers to be the best but i dont know how that would keep him in bizz

id getthe quickshot drop tine or quickshot deluxe
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Typical Buck

Like others said, go with the Deluxe QS. More flexibility as far as adjustments and you will definitely want the quick shot loading. You can do a search and find a thousand threads on this is you want more info. The WB is an excellent rest and 99% of the myths about them are from people who've never used them. As far as vane damage, the more your bow is out of tune the more you will notice vane damage. It's amazing but not surprising how many peoples bows are not tuned properly. The tricky thing with a WB is you can be out of tune and still get good groups. You will notice vane damage and most likely larger (more than 1 1/8") fixed blades won't fly with your field tips or mechanicals. I've shot plastic and feathers and they hold up quite nicely. Well, I suppose you may get some vane damage from robinhooding. The only drawback I've noticed is with aluminum arrows. My alums seemed to get a little noise on the draw. I waxed the arrows and it took care of the noise but I didn't care for the waxing part. I switched to carbons and no noise. Make sure you get one with plenty of clearance. Take an arrow with you if you need. They say you can trim them but I haven't had much luck. I just make sure I've got a biscuit plenty large enough. You'll want to shoot cock vane up as the black bristles in the middle at the bottom of the biscuit are a bit stiffer to support the arrow better and not as forgiving on the vanes. Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 05-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Fork Horn

terry,
What is an STS?

Quick Reply: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.