HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 PM
aeroslinger
Typical Buck

Default RE: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

Like others said, go with the Deluxe QS. More flexibility as far as adjustments and you will definitely want the quick shot loading. You can do a search and find a thousand threads on this is you want more info. The WB is an excellent rest and 99% of the myths about them are from people who've never used them. As far as vane damage, the more your bow is out of tune the more you will notice vane damage. It's amazing but not surprising how many peoples bows are not tuned properly. The tricky thing with a WB is you can be out of tune and still get good groups. You will notice vane damage and most likely larger (more than 1 1/8") fixed blades won't fly with your field tips or mechanicals. I've shot plastic and feathers and they hold up quite nicely. Well, I suppose you may get some vane damage from robinhooding. The only drawback I've noticed is with aluminum arrows. My alums seemed to get a little noise on the draw. I waxed the arrows and it took care of the noise but I didn't care for the waxing part. I switched to carbons and no noise. Make sure you get one with plenty of clearance. Take an arrow with you if you need. They say you can trim them but I haven't had much luck. I just make sure I've got a biscuit plenty large enough. You'll want to shoot cock vane up as the black bristles in the middle at the bottom of the biscuit are a bit stiffer to support the arrow better and not as forgiving on the vanes. Good luck with whatever you choose.