Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Goals for the upcoming fall...... >

Goals for the upcoming fall......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goals for the upcoming fall......

Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Goals for the upcoming fall......

06' will be my second archery hunt. I got a small buck last year at 20yds. My goals this year include :have fun, shoot straight, put meat in freezer, see more bucks and hopefully harvest one w/something bigger than a basket on his head. In that order too.
I hunt Crown land thats big woods in MB. This past year was my most productive when it comes to learning. I found a few more stand locations that look better than some of my others. I saw more bucks last year than any other...... including a real nice mature 5x4 during rifle season.Every season I hope to hunt smarter than the last.
Another thing that I would like to see...... have some hunting buds who don't do so well. My BIL, hunted w/him for 7 yrs and yet to see him harvest a big game animal. ANd a friend of mine who has come w/me for 3yrs now...... he also needs to take his first whitetail. At first we were all on our own, go our seperate ways and meet up for lunch and so on. Now I have to show them where my tree stands are so that they can use them. At least since then they have SEEN deer w/in range since then. One guy saw a hot doe w/3 bucks chasing her pass in front of my stand no more than 30yds and didn't even raise his A#s of the seat to try and get a bead on one of them??!
Old 05-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

My life changed considerably last week for the positive, which is going to really free me up to scout these big public landslike I love too. I have a few goals. I enjoy finding bucks as much as hunting them. I have done a lot of research this past winter and will branching my hunting areas out into 5 different counties here in Northern Idaho.

GOAL 1. To bowkill two bucks from my home state that go over 150 a each. I have came close twice, oncein 2003, I archery killed a 180 class and a 140 classbuck. This past year a 160 and 140 with the bow. I have yet to get two over 150. I know I can do it if I spend enough time finding the right bucks, and starting in June, I will begin my scouting 5 different counties for the right bucks. one other note, I killed bucks in every class but the 150 class and 190 class...those slots need filled. ...oh and of course anything in the 200 + would be awesome, its possible here. Not like other states but there a few running around this state with 200 + gross of bone on their head.

Goal 2. I want to get my XX team members all bowshots on bull elk this coming Sept. I would also like to harvest a 300+ 6x6 bull or better.

3. I want my team the XX to repeat as HNI bowhunting champs, I believe we have themembers to get it done!
Old 05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

My goal is the exact same as last year. To arrow a specific WT deer that I have been following for nearly 2 years. I have shed antlers of him from the past 2 years, and even had another sighting of him just this last week. He is 5 1/2 years old this year, and is very special, to say the least.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Based on past performance, I know the farm that I hunt will have at least 3 110"+ bucks on it. Ican also take it to the bankthat there will be at least one deer in the area that will scare 140-150. I also know that at least 2-3 of these bucks will fall to poachers and vehicle collisions before October ends. My goal would be to cross paths with one of these guys before somebody else does. Around my parts and with my work schedule, a 100 inch buck is a reasonable goal to set.

Another goal is to knock on some doors and find some new stomping grounds, as usual.

Like Shed33 said, Team XX hopes to defend the crown, so we'll make sure that we make every reasonable effort to do that.
Old 05-16-2006, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

So that's my goal for the upcoming season.
Just to get out and enjoy the sport.
If I happen to get what I'm after, bonus.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same as last year.......a 100" buck. I ate tag soup last year waiting on one.......I saw a few but nothing worked out right. Last season was the first time I got skunked in a LONG time.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:14 PM
Spike

My goal is to have the patience to wait for the high racked 8 pointer I had seen last year.I estimatedit to be at least 110-120 when I had it broadside at 10 yards last year. (I had taken my buck 3 days prior). I'm pretty sure it survived as another hunter missed him late season. I would also like to take 2 does, 1 early season and one late.
If this doesn't happen so be it--as long as I enjoy the time I spend in the outdoors.

Mike
Old 05-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

my goal is to get my first animal with a bow this year. this will be my first yeah of serious bowhunting.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:08 PM

Well, I haven't decided about this fall yet, but my goal for this summer is at least one250+ lb boar. Now that turkey is over it is time to get serious about hogs for a couple of months.

For deer, I will have to see exactly what properties I will get to hunt this fall and what kind of bucks are around. Antlers aren't far enough along yet to be making decisions, and I generally hunt specific deer.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:48 PM

Take my first deer after two previous years of encounters but no shot. Hopefully take a buck with a second tag. Plan to start shooting a recurve this year.

Quick Reply: Goals for the upcoming fall......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.