Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Goals for the upcoming fall...... >

Goals for the upcoming fall......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Goals for the upcoming fall......

Old 05-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Goals for the upcoming fall......

My goal for this year is to shoot a perfect 10 point, a 5x5, or a buck that nets 150+. I've shot 14 mature bucks from 122" to 182" but none of them are 5x5's. I've got the market cornered on 8 points. I've got 5x4's, 6x4's, a 6x5, a 7x5 and an 8x6, but no 5x5. Ever since I was a kid I've thought that the perfect deer was a big 10 pointer so I'm going to try for one. However, if any deer that is 150 comes by, it will be in trouble no matter how many points its got!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:19 AM

I've got a tall order. Early season 160+ mulie, or if I get drawn again Early season 47" mountain goat. Late sept mature 6x6 or bigger elk unless I draw moose, then its 45" moose. Oct I would like sheep, but realistically I'll still be chasing that moose or elk. Nov Mulie rut, 170" or bigger. and if I get that any white-tail. All archery, in BC.

Kirby
Old 05-14-2006, 07:07 AM
Typical Buck

My goal this season is taking three deer instead of two.I'm just about out of meat
Old 05-14-2006, 07:18 AM

first id like to get a nice early start this spring on my bear hunting trip innew brunswick leaving in 2 weeks, like 2 score with my bow ,and hoppfully for fall id like torun into a nice mature buck
Old 05-14-2006, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

My goal, as always is to whack a bunch of does and take a buck big enough to make me happy (around 120"+).
Old 05-14-2006, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

to kill a deer with my bow and if it is a doe then it becomes to kill a buck with it
Old 05-14-2006, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Goal for '06 is to get my first bowkill whitetail. I haven't hunted with a bow since 1993. I missed a six point twice in 5 minutes from 15 yrds. I was picking out individual letters on a bag of mulch, and nailing them from 25 ydsat my parents house before the hunt. Left to go get in the stand and when I get there I reach in my pocket and my release isn't there. An hour later, a nice 6 pt comes under me and I miss him twice with my fingers. Will never forget that day. Big bummer. I wasn't shaking or nervous- I just wan't used to shooting with fingers. Since then I have lived in 5 states on the east coast. I have not bowhunted since that day. I'm now back in Va and plan to get one this year. This forum has helped immensely with info and advice. I now have a more modern setup and am shooting great. I have a couple of good spots and plan on connecting this fall...Thanks for everyone's help
Old 05-14-2006, 10:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

My goal for this season is like any other, restock the freezer full of meat! I'm running low!
Old 05-14-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My pesonal for this fall is two bucks in two states, kentucky and kansas, I have a great chance for two pope and young quality bucks. I'm hunting great spots in both states.

Kelly
Old 05-14-2006, 06:34 PM

my goals this year which I already started was learning to scout in which i got with a whole bunch of guys with scouting knowledge and learned to scout hopefully all this scouting help me to get my first deer with a bow!!!

Quick Reply: Goals for the upcoming fall......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.