Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Buck Lures for the Rut! >

Buck Lures for the Rut!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Lures for the Rut!

Old 10-27-2002, 04:48 PM

Default Buck Lures for the Rut!

i was just curious what kinds of deer scents people use during the rut? i normally use some kind of territorial buck urine from Foggy mountain. does anyone else have any suggestions/other brands that they have had success with?
Old 10-27-2002, 05:57 PM

Default RE: Buck Lures for the Rut!

Unless you are hunting strictly trophy buck, I would refrain from using a territorial lure as they tend to scare away lesser bucks. I would go with some kind of doe estrous scent (Tinks #69) works good, or other scents from James Valley work very well. Leave a scent trail to your stand and put out a stationary scent, also hunt over any scrapes you find, refresh them periodically with an active scrape type scent. I hope this helps you.
Old 10-27-2002, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Buck Lures for the Rut!

Mossyhorns... Tinks # 69 isnt made by james valley , its made by wellington and they usually have good scents as does bob kerchiner, and james valley ... get it right mark come on lol .. cya in school

but he is right about placing a staionary scent wiht a trail. I woudl also refrane from useing dominate buck urine.