Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker >

Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

Old 04-22-2006, 05:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Idiot gun hunter... Jim Baker

If Jim was left to his own, I don't think he'd notice much of anything. He doesn't impress me as the hunter type. He's a shooter, well trying to be but he can't do that either. Anyway, he's too worried about score, wearing his sun glasses and looking cool. Problem being, people who don't know think this guy is the great white hunter with visions of Jack London and Calls of the Wild. To me, he's a Patrick McManus failure.[8D]
Old 04-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: davidmil

I'm happy that every shot you have ever taken on a game animal was perfectly placed so nobody can call you an idiot archery hunter. Couple that with not having any of your failures videoed and shown on television and you are doubly blessed.
Me TOO

You would hope these "IDIOTS" that are in the public eye would be more proficient at their sport and with their weapons. An occasionalmi**** will happen, but that's all this guy has. And to compound it, he makes a terrible shot and says, great hit. He's hit hard. NOT!!! I stand by my label of "IDIOT". And then to have the gall to put it on video and TV. Of course the first word from his mouth when they finally cornered the critter, "What do you think he'll SCORE"? [:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
And had you titled your post "IDIOT" I likely wouldn't have had any problem with your assessment. Many of these so called hunts shown on TV bother me to the point that I rarely watch themsimply because they are an insult to the intelligence of the average hunter. My point, quite simply, is this. There are those that make wrong decisions and bad shots both as archers and as riflemen.Setting the tone of a post in such a manner that it denigrates an entire segment of the hunting population rather than the individual that made the decision or the shot and then chooses to put it on public display is divisive.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Hmmmm .... Whatever. The title is JIM BAKER(singular) Idiot. I didn't see myself painting with a broad brush at all..... but whatever.
Old 04-22-2006, 01:23 PM

Maybe some who areupset at your posting can't shoot worth a darn either and it upsets them to know what others think of them? Either way there are 'Idiots' out there, both bow and rifle. There are 'good' people out there with both bow and rifle who make bad shots. I'm guessing someone who cares more for the animal than making themselves look good would edit out the scene entirely or, as gutshot said, edit the shot and go straight to showing the animal. At least that way it doesn't give us a black eye and more fuel for the antis.