Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bowhunt means the most? >

Which bowhunt means the most?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bowhunt means the most?

Old 04-18-2006, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Which bowhunt means the most?

My best bow hunt was last season and I didn't even get a shot. I hunted the Edmonton Bow Zone in Alberta and I'll be there again in '06. I saw 5 buck for sure and around 12 doe. Also two cow Moose at 20 yrds! It was a great hunt despite no shot opps.It only gets better, I'm looking foward to another chance this season. Sorry, can't upload pics yet.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:21 PM

I think my greatest bow hunt would have to me my first elk with a bow. I never thought getting a cow could be as exciting as this hunt was and i was amazed with how systematic and calm my shot was for how excited i was just before the shot. its amazing how with a lot of good practice once you pull that bow back all the excitement fades and your body just knows wat to do with that bow. it was probably the biggest emotional swing that ive ever had. I went from absolute excitement to nothing and back up in less than a couple of minutes. It was definently a hunt i will never forget.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:50 AM
Typical Buck

I have two favorite ones that will be with me til the day I die. the first saw a elk hunt that turned into a cougar hunt

The next one is my first hunt with my son on his first elk hunt. he missed a 7x7 bull at 21 yards. he couldn't stop the ssshhhaakkingggg

It really doesn't get any better than that!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 05:54 AM

The first time I elk hunted was pretty special. I hunted 3 weeks, mostly by myself, backpacking into a wilderness are solo and I ended up with a 5x5 elk and many stories to tell

A couple of year after that I took my Dad into the same area. At the time he was 64 or 65 years old. We both took nice bulls, helluva hunt that was.

3 years ago he got to go with me to Kansas whitetail hunting. We both took nice whitetails, his was a frickin dandy !

My first and so far only traditional kill was special too.

Overall most of my special hunts have been with my Dad. And the toughest hunts that put me in the least chances to succeed were the best ones too.

Old 04-19-2006, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator

I have many memorable hunts but I think the best will come when my son finally gets serious about bowhunting and shoots his first deer. He is starting to come around a bit and is joining me on a 3D shoot this Sunday.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

4 years leading up to my first deer, no help from anyone. I will always remember the bad shot to the neck that droped him after only 50 yards. Good times
Old 04-19-2006, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mine would have to be my first buck, which turned out to be a 6 point that scored 113 and 4/8s. Took me 3 years to finally get the first one out of the way. The next most memorable was hunting a big nontypical in one neighborhood. I never saw the deer all season last season, but the property owners saw him on several occasions. Well on christmas eve this past year i finally saw him, turns out to be a main frame 10 with 2 drops. Never came in range, but just seeing a mature animal like that made my season.
Old 04-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

My favorite would be the ones I take a newbie out and they get their first deer. I get to relive that rush of the first time.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Mine would be opening day last year because it was the first time I went out without my dad.(he passed away a month earlier) My brother was home on leave from the Navy and my best friend and my newbie neighbor all went out with me. I went to sit in my dad's stand and someone had stolen it, so I got my climber and set out for the evening. I never saw a deer but it was the most at peace I had felt in months since my dad became ill. I was never more greatful to my father for taking me hunting, and I knew he was right there with me. A great bonus was the newbie shot his first deer(buck) that night.
Old 04-19-2006, 07:09 PM
Site Buck Guru

My favorite two bowhunts were when I went with my dad on my first bowhunt and got a small 6 point. Running shot with a recurve when I was 12. The second was when I was with my son when he was 12 and he grunted a nice 8 point away from a doe, his first deer. His first was a lot bigger than mine!

My first deer...

Quick Reply: Which bowhunt means the most?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.