Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HOYT might be losing........... >

HOYT might be losing...........

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HOYT might be losing...........

Old 04-18-2006, 12:30 PM

Default RE: HOYT might be losing...........

I own a hoyt and have never had a peeling problem. I don't think it would be a problem for me if it did peel. If you are having trouble with camo things get them without camo. Hoyts a good product everything cant be perfect.
Old 04-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unreal to me how the entire company is automatically garbage and going down the toilet because of one incident. Get a grip. Hoyt and Scheels both offered to take care of it, so let them.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just spray paint it

Gawd what I wouldnt do to have an anodized camo Hoyt like the older ones.. those things were bullet proof.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: birdbustin

If hoyt is not going to stand behind the camo in there warrenty then for I know for a fact the next bow and all bowsWILL NOT BE A HOYT in my house. When you spend the money for some thing it should be right.

The reason I an so mad about the redipping is that I have a benelli nova thst has been sent back to get it redip 5 times and the camo is still falling off the gun. I have giving up the time of sending it back because it has spent more time in the mail then in the feild. So I think that if you spend 300 or 3000 then the job so just be right. So to me benelli is now notworth the performance.
Maybe you should stop cleaning your stuff with carb cleaner.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

You'll never notice the redipping and I wouldn't have a problem with that, hell, I wouldn't even send it back for redipping. Cosmetic flaws don't bother me in my equipment, being without the bow would be worse that some camo coming off the riser for me.

All manufacturers have troubles from time to time. I bought my first Bowtech after new Hoyts the past 10 years and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hoyt.
i 100% agree

personally i think you have nothing to be mad about. there redipping it for you, they didnt have to. you didnt have to send it to them, but you chose to, so now live with it. theres nothin wrong with the bow except a few flakes of camo off of it, if your that p.oed about it send the damn thing to me!!!
Old 04-18-2006, 01:56 PM
Spike

Couple things, I understand that it suks to have this sort of thing appen at all let alone two months, and that we are all willing to spend our hard earned money for the equipment we want, but...

EVENTHOUGH HOYTdoes not warranty their cammo(and I agree that they should) they are willing to fix it for you, sounds like free of charge.

SCHEELS isn't the one to be mad at, other than sell you the bow you wanted and any otherequipment, products orservices you needed, they have done nothing wrong.

To stomp around wanting a NEW BOW because the one you currently have is peeling...whats to say the next wont either, then how upset will you be?

MY advise is the same as most here...TAKEA DEEP BREATH...LET IT OUT and see what happens after the bow is redipped. If it does'nt happen again, you love your bow.. If it does, but a new one, you love your bow same result..
Old 04-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say that both Hoyt and Scheels treated you very well. Why would Hoyt take back a bow after you have owned it for months? They have no idea if it was ever dry fired, shot with below IBO weight arrows or how it was stored. Likely none of that happened but they have no way of knowing. Most companies don't warranty the finish and the fact they offered to cover it in my eyes is first class sevice from Hoyt. Hey, if you ever actually hunt with that bow ( in the woods ) odds are you will eventually scratch it anyway, your hand will eventually wear away some paint. If you bought it only to look at then you should buy a purty target chrome one
Old 04-18-2006, 02:35 PM

ORIGINAL: cwenisch

It shouldn't matter how they fix the problem. If the same bow is refinished or if they give you a new one, who cares as long as it's fixed and it doesn't happen again.
PRECISELY
Old 04-18-2006, 04:04 PM
Typical Buck

Birdbustin,I have never had camo come off on two things like that(or I haven't noticed)are you getting Deet or any chemicals on those camo finishes?Deet will take it off in a heartbeat. Oh yeah another thing,I have had good luck with Hoyt when I have called them directly,also there is power in the pen(or these days e-mail)write them an e-mail and or let them know you may be letting the BBB know of your dissatisfaction.I'm not real persnicketty though about stuff like appearance on bows,but if it's fairly new and it bugs you then by all means do what you think is right.
Old 04-18-2006, 04:16 PM

I swear I've never seen so many folks having so many problems with equipment...... I've been bowhunting for 16yrs and have never had a problem with the 10 or so bows I've owned.... I wouldn't even care if a company offered a warranty.... I've never used a warranty, for anything.... I've have noticed though that some people will bitch about anything..... Not just you birdbustin, many others.....

Quick Reply: HOYT might be losing...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.