HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   HOYT might be losing........... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/139977-hoyt-might-losing.html)

birdbustin 04-17-2006 11:45 PM

HOYT might be losing...........

That is a customer. I bought a new VTECH in february and shot it about 8 times and last night I was waxing the string and I see that the cameo on the riser and some cameo on the limb are starting to flake off. I took it back to scheels (thats where I bought it from) today and told and showed them the bow. They called hoyt and they told scheels to send them the bow back to the to get redipped in cameo and told us that it will take at least 3 weeks to get it back to me.

I told scheels that if hoyt is just going to redip it in cameo them they can just keep the bow and give me my money back and I will buy a new bow. I think this is a bunch of shi#.

What I want to know is what would you do if you are in my shoes? What I want is a new VTECH or my money back. Also what to you think scheels shoud do to make it right?

Thank you for your input..

JoshKeller 04-17-2006 11:53 PM

RE: HOYT might be losing...........

Actually, the film dipping is not even covered by the warrunty, so consider yourself lucky they are willing to fix it. The camo has no effect at all on the shootability. The reason for the backup is the amount of 2006 orders to fill.

Washington Hunter 04-18-2006 12:31 AM

I agree with Josh.

You should consider yourself lucky that the company is willing to do that for you. Camo paint has nothing to do with the bow's performance, and considering archery season is still months away, you've got plenty of time.

idahoelkinstructor 04-18-2006 12:44 AM

birdbustin, just sell it and buy a MATHEWS!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, well kind of,,,,,,,,;)joking aside I feel that the camo coating should be included in the warranty and that it should be redipedand not replaced with brand new. birdbustin, not saying you don't have a right to be mad, after all most archers would be.But I too don't feel your bow needs replacing. I don't feel that you are being treated unfair by any means by either Hoyt or sheels. If you are so unhappy then afteritgets sent backto you, the bowwill look like new and you should be able to sell it for top dollar. Be honest and let people know you shoot the bow but tell them its looks and shoots like new. Heck maybe scheels will offer a good trade in if you are so set on a new one.

nodog 04-18-2006 03:59 AM

I wouldn't be happy and didn't know the finish is not covered. I wouldn't feel lucky if they fixed it either, better be covered. Guys buy bows for a lot of reasons and an important one is looks. We pay well for it and should get it with out having to beg for it. It's already costing you in time and grief. ( Had a problem with a Knight ML. They had UPS pick it up at my house, all I had to do was box it, That's service! )Scheels should take responsibility and give you a replacement on the spot and take care of it themselves, not forever, but at least for a 3 month period from date of purchuseIMO, fat chance, not your problem (Walmart would. Hmmmm :D From what I know of Cabela's they will for a year). You payedgood money for something, good money,and you didn't get it, no ones fault, just happened. What happens from here out is different and sounds as if there maybe some fault to be found.

Make it clear how you feel and what you expect in a calm but firm manner and see how it plays out. Give people time and the chance to mull it over. Hope it works out for all our sakes. Could be me next time.

Diesel77 04-18-2006 04:43 AM

Sux that happened to you. Ive owned lots of Hoyts and never had one problem as well as dozens of people I know,I dont know of any issues except for the ones Ive read about on the net. Buy yourself a Mathews or a Bowtech, their bows never have manufacturing problems or issues.

Rob/PA Bowyer 04-18-2006 05:59 AM

You'll never notice the redipping and I wouldn't have a problem with that, hell, I wouldn't even send it back for redipping. Cosmetic flaws don't bother me in my equipment, being without the bow would be worse that some camo coming off the riser for me.

All manufacturers have troubles from time to time. I bought my first Bowtech after new Hoyts the past 10 years and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Hoyt.

turtleshell 04-18-2006 06:58 AM

I'd just be glad they were willing to fix the CAMO (a cameo is like when you see a pro football player on a sit-com or something, like a special appearance). I think you are freaking out a little too much.JMHO

HoytShooter88 04-18-2006 07:16 AM

We have always been told at the store that thefinish is coverd under the warrenty.

birdbustin 04-18-2006 07:37 AM

If hoyt is not going to stand behind the camo in there warrenty then for I know for a fact the next bow and all bowsWILL NOT BE A HOYT in my house. When you spend the money for some thing it should be right.

The reason I an so mad about the redipping is that I have a benelli nova thst has been sent back to get it redip 5 times and the camo is still falling off the gun. I have giving up the time of sending it back because it has spent more time in the mail then in the feild. So I think that if you spend 300 or 3000 then the job so just be right. So to me benelli is now notworth the performance.