Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 It pays to ask questions....(pics) >

It pays to ask questions....(pics)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

It pays to ask questions....(pics)

Old 04-16-2006, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: It pays to ask questions....(pics)

Thats cool. I never expected you to claim it as your own. It just seemed like a lot of work to go through. True be told we're not that far a part but I've heard about so of the slim pickings in Pa. I have a chance to pick up on 5 acres and I still thinking about it.It's not far fromdowntown Pittsburg and it should be close enough topopulation for good hunting.

Double creek has a good thought about some rattling horns. Like I said do what you want and enjoy. You certainly did enough work getting them.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:09 PM

I think I can smell it through my computer. . .

I change dirty diapers, step in rotten soybeans, and tromp through cat crap and still can't handle the smell of rotten animals.

You are a brave soul and I applaud ya. Enjoy the mount!
Old 04-16-2006, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

hey, pm me with your aim sn. nice deer, i found a matched set of 130's on my bowhuting property
Old 04-16-2006, 09:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Iagree great rattling antlers.
Old 04-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Hey put it on your vehicle roof,thats what i do.the sun weather and wind from the car movement helps rot it faster . You You shouold skin it .will make the process quicker
Old 04-17-2006, 02:32 AM

Did you at least get the backstraps out of it?
Old 04-17-2006, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: EricH4964

Did you at least get the backstraps out of it?
I hope you are joking[8D]....that deer has been dead for about 5 months. You could smell the stentch from it from over 50 yds away with the wind blowing on your back![:'(]
Old 04-17-2006, 06:35 AM

.308....good job. I hate to see any size buck wasted. If you can't save the meat, atleast save the horns. They are always good for something.
Diann
Old 04-17-2006, 08:49 AM

I dont know if you just strung it up there temporarily or if you are waiting for mother nature to do her thing. If its the latter, as cardeer said, get that hide off! I have a nice 8 point that I found dead 3 years ago and i didnt take its hide off, just hung it in a tree. That head is still fully intact. Get the hide off and then mother nature will go to work.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 AM

Ah, after 5 months they should be nice and tender! LOL, yeah, I'm just joking. Working in law enforcement where I do, I respond to a lot of car-deer accidents and I save every set of antlers I can. I just think they are cool to look at as well. Plus, even though you didn't shoot it, there is still a story that goes along with it. I stopped a car for speeding one day, just about into my town and as I'm approaching it I notice a station wagon coming towards me from the opposite direction. No big deal, but you always need to know where the traffic is so you don't get dead on the side of the road. So anyway, I am approaching the car I stopped and I hear a loud crashing noise. I look up and here comes a deer flying through the air like a helicopter blade right at the car I just stopped. It hits the front quarter panel of the car I stopped, flys up over the car right at me. I had to run back to the Troop car to keep from being hit by this deer. It lands dead right in between me and the car I stopped. The deer ran out in front of the station wagon approaching me from the opposite direction and he hit it. Fortunately the car I had originally stopped didn't have any damage and lucky for them no ticket. The deer turned out to be a really small three point I had seen on and off all Summer. You can bet that I kept that rack. It is about as tiny as it gets but I will never forget how I got that 'rack'.

Quick Reply: It pays to ask questions....(pics)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.