Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you hunt in Africa? >

Would you hunt in Africa?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you hunt in Africa?

Old 04-16-2006, 05:06 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you hunt in Africa?

Absolutely, I would go again. It is a great experience and the variety of game seen is simply amazing. There is always something going on at the water hole. Much more exciting than watching a squirrel for 2 hours while hunting whitetail. I have hunted the midwest, the west, the south, Alaska, and Africa takes the cake hands down for me.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

For some reason I've never had any desire to hunt Africa. Would like to hunt Canada. Probably never get a chance for one of thoseMexican mulies. Always been fascinated with US history, geography & wildlife. We have so many critters to hunt I see no reason to go elsewhere.

The folks that do Africa sure seem to like it though. Good for them. I've always been of the opinion that guys drawn to Africa like plentiful game and short hunts. Not everyone, just a general opinion.

I really preferchallenging hunts.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:57 AM

Yep

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/j43quinn/Africa2003.jpg
Old 04-18-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

No desire. Don't know if it's climate or the game. I guess the game are too exotic for me, makes me feel like I'm hunting in azoo I guess. Just too foreign a concept for me to have any desire to participate. Much rather hunt caribou or elk.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have absolutely no desire to hunt Africa, I love hunting in Canada, that's about if for me outside of the USA.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:09 PM
G5

not so much, theres something about having to go get a bunch of shots just so you dont come back with a third world disease. That thought really takes away from the hunt. hell my girlfriend is talking about taking an internship with national geographic and there is talks we might get a trip to africa out of the deal. Even as cool as that might be i would rather her go take pictures somewhere else. switzerland takes my vote if im gonna cross the pond
Old 04-18-2006, 05:32 PM

YES! One day I'll make there for a hunt.

What's a rifle?????
Old 04-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would have to grow tired or bored with every game animalthe USA has to offer and I never ever see that happening!
I do know people that have hunted in Africa and they have told me that the country is magnificant.Something about the heat,the snakes ,the insects,and the goofy looking Zoo animals.I know if it was my native country I would likely feel differently!
I will say that some of the books I have read by Peter Capstick a Professional Hunter in Africa many years ago were some of the most excitingbooks I have ever read.His book Death In the long grass,is awesome!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:57 PM

Africa is awesome and the best palce on Earth to bowhunt

Sometiem it cold not always hot

All the game is eaten by either the client/ shooter, the ranchers family or the residents of the area

It nothign short of Awesoem

99% of client I have had are already planning the next trip

When you lie on your death bed its not the things you did that will haunt you its the things you didnt do.....................

"Like to have Bowhunted Africa at leat once....."

I started bowhunting there in 1966 and it was the high point of my life

Lived there and was a PH from 1991 to 1999 Outfitter from 1993 to 1999

Awesome even for a Texas Boy

Tink in Texas
Old 04-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be going back in September '07. September is a little late for a hunt, but I will make it fun nonetheless. I will be taking the Mathews along, but will have rifles there awaiting.

Quick Reply: Would you hunt in Africa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.