Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you hunt in Africa? >

Would you hunt in Africa?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you hunt in Africa?

Old 04-14-2006, 04:22 PM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Would you hunt in Africa?

HECK No! to much good hunting on this side of the big pond. Rich
Old 04-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yes I would like to hunt over there. It's not highest or the most likely thingon my list butAfricahasa lot of cool critters I wouldn't mind getting after. Probably the single most thing I'd liketo try once is for Cape Buffalo, althoughI would be carrying a very large gun, not a bow.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:06 PM

Africa would be great! My only problem w/ spending money on an African hunt is that you can't take any meat back home.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:57 PM

Bowhunt, absolutely.

I have no desire to hunt big game anywhere with a rifle as long asI can draw a legal bow.
Old 04-14-2006, 07:53 PM

no way!
Old 04-15-2006, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Could go in 07 with my brother on his 5th trip if I could come up with some cash and time. He and some of his friends have taken many game, small and the largestwith bow and gun. According to him your treated like a king.

Jim Zumbo in Outdoor Life just wrote a piece on hunting Africa to help feed the poor there, they have many near starving people. That would be my kind of hunt.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:56 AM
Spike

no desire to hunt animals that i don't eat (just the way i was raised). would still be nice to see the animals in the wild. i just can't justify the cost to myself either. i could hunt a lot of whitetails for that kind of cash.
Old 04-15-2006, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to hunt with both a rifle and a bow. With elephant even Chuck Adams admits is just too big and tough for the best modern day archery equipment.
Old 04-15-2006, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

No desire to hunt anything in Africa. I'd rather hunt whitetails, elk, and bear in the USA and Canada. And for me it's BOW ONLY. I've done the rifle thing and it just leaves me with an empty feeling. No sense of accomplishment with the gun for me.
Old 04-16-2006, 12:51 AM
Dominant Buck

You don't give enough choices. It's either bow hunt in Africa or rifle hunt???? What's up with tha? Higher on my list than either of those is an elk hunt in the good old USA. Now you're talking.

Quick Reply: Would you hunt in Africa?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.