Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep rotation driving me nuts! >

Peep rotation driving me nuts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep rotation driving me nuts!

Old 04-10-2006, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Peep rotation driving me nuts!

I'm getting real close to removing my peep. The dang thing always rotates so that the string blocks my view. I know it's due to string stretch and I can just rotate it back but it only stays right for a couple of shots and then it's screwed up again. I have a real consistent anchor point with three points - string on my nose, fletching touching my lip, kisser on the corner of my mouth. Any advice? I'm not willing to try a rubber cord style peep - those drive me nuts too. Thanks

Old 04-10-2006, 07:50 PM

Default RE: Peep rotation driving me nuts!

don't know where you got your string, but hopefully its shot in by now and a half twist to the bottom of it will clear it up. you'll need a bowpress for this, or to take it to the shop.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

I know it's due to string stretch
String creep.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:18 PM

I know these are unpopular, but they work. Use the one with the rubber tube if you can't get it fixed. After I've broken in my string, I've always removed the peep and reset it where it needs to be. Never a problem after that.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Regardless of the peep, you can move strands of string around the peep in a consistant direction to get your peep to come around true alignment. You'll need a press but move a strands, equally from each contact point in the same direction around the peep to either get it to turn more, or less depending on which way it needs to turn to align right. This may mean it might be facing incorrectly when at rest but will come around perfect when a draw.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:44 PM
Typical Buck

After you knock your arrow, twist to your string so that the peep lines up prior to each shot. This can help "train" your string.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Get a "TRU Speed Nok with Peep Aligner". This is a 2 piece nocking point that screws together around your string. There is a tab on the back that your nock hits each time you nock an arrow and it turns your string to same spot each time. I used one for years and loved it. I don't need it on my bow now since I have a very good quality aftermarket string, otherwise it would still be on there.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21424&id=0004497 413037a&navCount=1&podId=0004497&paren tId=cat600309&navAction=push&catalogCode=Q S&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat600 309&hasJS=true

Good luck ... Shockwave
Old 04-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remove the peep and install the No-Peep-----Problem solved

Old 04-11-2006, 09:53 AM
Spike

I went to a No-Peep and have no problems re twisting and many other advantages also.
Old 04-11-2006, 11:38 AM
Dominant Buck

In 3d shooting a peep is OK and will improve scores somewhat. I find when I am hunting with the threat of low light, I can't take the chance of not being able to see through the peep either because of the light or it twisted so I took it off. I don't find much difference with accuracy especially with a kisser button.

Quick Reply: Peep rotation driving me nuts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.