Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peep rotation driving me nuts! >

Peep rotation driving me nuts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep rotation driving me nuts!

Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 PM

Default RE: Peep rotation driving me nuts!

The last time my peep started turning after each shot was right before my string broke. New string, no peep problems now.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:18 PM

Here is an idea....Ditch the peep....I am serious. If bowhunting is your game, there really is no need for a peep sight. I am by NO MEANS a great shot, but I can hold some real respectable groups at 30 yards, and can drive tacks at 20 without a peep. My hunting buddy can hold 4" groups with BH's at 40 yards.

Shooting without a peep gives you a much better sight field, and it gives you extra shooting time in low light. Personally I feel a peepsight is a hinderance when it comes to bowhunting. Now if your thing is punching paper, then they can't be beat.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:40 PM

use the rubber to hook to your peep. i tried to use one that doesnt use a rrubber and the pro shop guy said you have to mess around to get it to line up i didnt really want to have a nice buck come by andits out of line!!!!!!! i know people will say that rubber will come off but if you replace it often it will only come off every 1000 or so shots.i have used one for many many years now and it hasnt let me down yet!!!!!but who knows!!
Old 04-11-2006, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mqman44

Here is an idea....Ditch the peep....I am serious. If bowhunting is your game, there really is no need for a peep sight. I am by NO MEANS a great shot, but I can hold some real respectable groups at 30 yards, and can drive tacks at 20 without a peep. My hunting buddy can hold 4" groups with BH's at 40 yards.

Shooting without a peep gives you a much better sight field, and it gives you extra shooting time in low light. Personally I feel a peepsight is a hinderance when it comes to bowhunting. Now if your thing is punching paper, then they can't be beat.
I agree with you - I'm getting rid of it. Twenty years ago I could hit apples at 20 yards shooting with fingers and no peep. Now today I use a peep but I seriously don't think I need it for hunting. That thing is gone and I don't think I'll miss it.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I tookthe peepoff tonight.My groups were as tight as they werewith the peep but I was two inches low and left. I'll adjust my sights because my groups were really nice.My head isin a more natural position now - I think my peep was craning my neck. My bow also seems a little quieter which I didn't expect. The best thing is how much better I can see the target. This should help with hunting situations, especially in low light.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: gzg38b
My head isin a more natural position now - I think my peep was craning my neck.
that is great to hear.