Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 chewing on stand >

chewing on stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

chewing on stand

Old 04-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Spike

Default RE: chewing on stand

when i chewed i never had a problem. had a doe walk between my ladder and the tree and never spooked as she walked over spit soaked ground. always had deer in spitting distance.
Old 04-12-2006, 03:12 PM

Had a couple of does directly under my stand once, I leaned over and spit hitting one directly on top of the head. Beutiful shot, the doe just shook her head like it was a bug and continued to graze.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't ever want to mess with my anchor point. Gotta have it in. I had a cow elk with here face not 2 feet from mine. She never spooked and bedded 20 yards from me after that.
Old 04-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Spike

just like humans, some deer care if you chew and others don't. Big deer are not even the same animal as yearling deer. I personally had a good buck turn inside out after he got a nose full of my Kodiak spit....I think he's still running.
Engie
Old 04-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Never had a problem with it,done it for many many years.
Old 04-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Typical Buck

I know for fact I've been busted b/c I was dippin on stand before and I think I have a better success rate for seeing deer when I'm not dipping. However, I've dipped before and had deer walk right under me and not show a hint sign as to smelling me. I prefer not to dip while on stand but sometimes you just can't help it. If I do, I'll usually spit in a bottle...but hind sight 20/20. You spit in a bottle then there's less smell out there but there's more movement. You spit on the ground, there's more smell but less movement (depending on how you do it).
Old 04-13-2006, 02:33 AM

I spit in a bottle on stand. Deer do pick it up when I spit on the
ground out of my stand. If there is snow on the ground they don't
seem to pick it up as easily. I use 1 can a day and yes, it is costly.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:44 AM

I do not chew but I have two hunting freaks for friend and they do and they never have shot a mature deer yet. So to me it can not be good to spit on stand. Or on top of does heads.
Old 04-13-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tried dipping once while hunting to keep from smoking. I swallowed some of that stuff got to hiccuping so bad that I was shaking the tree. Wasn't a deer left around.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used cope for 28 years and never had aproblem. This sat. will be six weeks that I have been snuff free.

Quick Reply: chewing on stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.