Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stopped smoking will it make a difference? >

Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Old 04-10-2006, 08:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Uhh, those aren't self inflicted like smoking is. People don't CHOOSE to die in cars, planes, etc.. You wonder why health insurance rates are so high? Smoking is long term suicide!
Old 04-10-2006, 09:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

well you will have more years to live, therefore, more years to hunt, therefore, more opportunities to see that big one. Congrats. I quit 10 years ago and feel so much better for it. GOOD FOR YOU!
Old 04-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Dominant Buck

I dont smoke or dip, but have noticed my buddies who dip see less big deer than those who smoke or do not smoke. I can see where a lingering smoke smell could tip off deer, but if you are playing the wind right it shouldnt be that big of a deal. OR Id assume.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pjhunts

Uhh, those aren't self inflicted like smoking is. People don't CHOOSE to die in cars, planes, etc.. You wonder why health insurance rates are so high? Smoking is long term suicide!
Do you actually think that poeple who smoke just flat out want to die? How dumb is that. If that is the way it was I would have ate a bullet a while back! Check your health ins binder you get different rates for smoking. Ins is high because poeple are pansies! You get a sniffle or a scratch go see the quack because I have ins! That my friend is why ins is high.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

You do what you want with smoking. This is about seeing big bucks I thought?

For smoking, from personal expirience, my sister was in my house over Thanksgiving saying my nephew wanted her to quit smoking. She replied that next week you could have an anerisum or get run over by a car and die so you shouldenjoy life now. Three days later she was "T" boned by a dump truck. I miss her but I know she enjoyed life and those words ring true.

I say that's why we're all here on this site. Figuring out how to enjoy life more by seeing big bucks. FYI go residential. There are plenty of people booted out of the house these days to smoke.