Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Stopped smoking will it make a difference? >

Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Old 04-09-2006, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

i always wondered how it would differ. i dont smoke but my dad does and since im only 15 he usually sites near me. so i always wondered what the difference would be. but he has said that he's dropped cig butts on the backs of deer out of treestands many times, so im not sure.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Site Buck Guru

Actually, by quitting smoking, you'll see more deer in the long run. You'll extend your life and get in more hunts. The bestthing of all is that your family and friends will benifit from having you around longer. I've shot over a dozen mature bucks and smoke, but I'm trying to quit. Smoking is not good. I can't think of a single thing that smoking helps me with, so I wonder why I do it. Congradulations on making it this far without smoking. Don't start again.
Old 04-09-2006, 08:35 PM

Congrats on stoping smoking...
Old 04-10-2006, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats I know this isn't easy. I also quit last year, I haven't had a smoke since 9/30.....the day before archery season. I quit specifically because I didn't want to smell like it when I was in the woods. I used the patch to help me quit. I saw more deer last year.....and more bigger bucks as well but I was a LOT more strict on scent control than in previous years.....so I can't say if it was the smoking thing or not for sure. It sure does save me a lot of money though......I have already saved enough money by quitting to pay for my pretty new constitution.
Old 04-10-2006, 07:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

It would be a bonus but I bet yur son will be happy to have you around a little longer. I quit 14 years ago after smoking for 26 years so I know it can be done. Do I see more deer and biger deer now because I gave up smoking. No there is a lot more to sent control then just smoking, but thats a big start with out it there is no scent control what so ever. Think about spending all that money on scents, scent lock suit etc. and then smoking defeats the purpose.Congrats and good luck. I still bet you kill a big one this year. Mike
Old 04-10-2006, 10:13 AM
Fork Horn

Hell with the deer - keep to it and so much of you life will get better - you just don't know how bad you feel when you are smoking. I was a 2+ pack a days for18 years and I have not had a smoke for 12 years now.

As far asaffect ondeer - I think it depends on the area you hunt and how sensitive your deer are toodd scents. In my woods you will keep them away with tic-tac, in your pocket.
Old 04-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

IMO, smoke doesn't scare deer, human scent does. If you are smoking on stand they will just smell smoke & human scent!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

I have noticed just in three months,longer winded,more money in the
pocket[ bought a new rifle already] look ten years younger.I smoked
a pack and a half a day of strong menthols for 30 years. Oh ya just kidding about the looking ten years younger statement.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pjhunts

You'll be able to tell a big difference. Smokers are immune to their own smell. I can smell someone smoking in a car ahead of me on the highway. Everyone should quit smoking, it is deadly! Found out last week that my mom has cancer in her lungs, liver, and colon and she still won't quit smoking. Good luck to you.

Poeple die in planes, trains and automobiles also.....maybe we should go back to horse and buggy days!
Old 04-10-2006, 06:22 PM

Smoking Stinks!

Quick Reply: Stopped smoking will it make a difference?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.