Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D Suits, Dang High Prices >

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Old 04-08-2006, 08:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Thanks buckeye for the info.I am sure no one here is "pushing" the product,just telling how it is and how good they feel it is.As always stated,its only 'my' oppinion.Everyone has a favorite brand of some sort and will let everyone know how they feel about the brand they like.
Early last fall I purchased a Whitewater 3D leafy suit and absolutely love it.I have had deer 10 feet in front of me and never had a clue I was even present.It is the Realtree advantage camo and seems to work well in my neck of the woods.This product was available at my dealers and purchased it on the spot,paid alot for it($300) canadian but is lined with the supprescent and windblocker.
If he carried ASAT I would have given it a serious look.I am only asking these questions as I have attended dozens of sport shows,hunting and tackle shops and have never seen the ASAT camo in stock.
.that is why you don't see ASAT on the market like you do the other so called big camo companies. It's still growing.
Still growing-----I have been part of these forums for awhile and have heard the name ASAT continusly throughout my time .I am just real surprised that the bigger clothing makers havent made a deal with ASAT and employed their camo pattern in their line-up.
Buckeye----Can you send me some info on this product as I would like to check into it further.I will be looking for something in the cold weather line-up and feel that the ASAT will be a good late season camo pattern.

Rob---Awesome pics and congrats to ya.I really am not giving the camo a bad name,just want more info and cant seem to understand why it seems to be only mail order clothing if it has indeed been out for a while.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rob, I understand you know, and are friends with the owners of ASAT, but, please dont make an assumption of what I said as trickery, its not what I said.
"using photography to better the image or product"
I said Im done, I appolagized to buckeye, but if you all are going to keep taking my quotes and twisting them Im not going to sit quietly, I was suprised when I saw Rob interpret what I said into what he thinks I said on here but whatever.

This is what Im talking about, its using photography to better the image or product , isnt it??
http://www.asatcamo.com/T_howgreen.htm

I see they are making some valid points, they are utilizing technology to market the product and they should, they have a vested interest in selling it, they obviously know what images and colors deer see better than me, and its obviously a favorite camo for some people.

Old 04-08-2006, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Diesel

At times it is hard to interpret ones intentions in text. As you know text shows no emotion and perhaps I misinterpreted your words from your intentional thoughts. If you feel that I took your post not as it was intended I apologize.

I took it as you were compairing ASAT's photos to the Realtree commercials on TV.

[/align]
Old 04-08-2006, 09:51 AM

i've had a problem with my asat leafy suit before. i was in a tree, wide open on the edge of a pasture. nothing behind me. i was looking for a particular deer. a couple doe and fawns got about 15 ft from my tree. i had no cover in the tree. i thought if my buck came out the doe and fawn may see me draw. so i started waiving my arms at them to get them to leave. it didn't work. they saw me, but they didn't alarm. they just kept looking like 'what is that?' i had sprayed down with homemade scent killer. they circled me smelling, but never found it. they wouldn't leave. so, that was a problem. it wasn't until dark when i got down, it was a hang on stand, that they finally left. i had even thought about taking the jacket off so they would figure out what i was.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Buy some Predator and be done with it!
Old 04-08-2006, 08:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Diesel77, "Using photography to better the image or product" I don't know how else to interpret that but I guess I apologize too...under your meaning, yes, you are absolutely correct ASAT is using photographs to better their product just like Hoyt uses photographs to better the image or product on their website and Muzzy and River Valley Game Calls and all other manufactureres who want to show their products to make appealing to the human eye for purchase....yes, ASAT is using photography. and your right, like Forrest, "and that's all I have to say about that."

Gibblet gets it, like I said, until you wear it, one will never understand and I can undersand the ignorance to ASAT. (disclaimer, ignorance-(adjective), unkowning, not understanding

Gibblet, that is a problem and one I experienced as well. I was waiving my arms at a doe I wanted to leave and she'd stand there and look at me. I started talking to her and she'd come closer...I sat down and held a conversation with her until she finally had enough and walked off. I sat there laughing at her...
Old 04-08-2006, 09:58 PM

I used the suit for a season or two... I found that it worked well MOST of the time...... However, at dawn and at dusk, it seemed to be too light... It almost would have a glow to it... I was busted by SEVERAL deer while hunting on the ground... In each case it was right at day break, when everything was still very dark.... The ASAT just stood out to them.....

I definitely don't buy into the fact that it works for all conditions..... That's pure hype... I found it worked great in treestands and in certain setups on the ground....

I'm sure the owner is a great guy and so are the guys that push it on this site, but there is one bone I would like to pick..... I'm not sure that this is the case anymore, but at one time ASAT would guarantee that you would actually SEE more deer if you wore it...... That was pretty lame IMO... I've been hunting long enough to know it's not the camo that determines whether you see deer or not..... If you setup your stands correctly, you can wear any camo you want...

The best hunters I know where the ugliest, cheapest camothey can find.....
Old 04-09-2006, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Double Creek, I do agree with that it will not make you see more deer, but I do feel that it will help you be less seen by more deer. Yes many types of camo work well but ASAT just works PERIOD in so many types of terriain. For elk hunting in the west I feel it works awesome. ASAT gets my vote for the number one best all around camo.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:12 AM

There is a seller on ebay from Canada with ASAT camo. Here is a link to his/her ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.com/Shewchuk-Outdoor-Supplies

Old 04-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I purchased a 3d ASAT suit this past winter and have yet to use it.I have read enough on various web sites (bowsite,archerytalk and this site)to know that if this many seriously devoted hunters are using it there must be something to it.
Thereare wool and fleece garments available in asat from Day One camo and there are also garments available in a great heavy fleece from Raven wear of Canada.Both Day One and Raven wear offer their garments with comfortmax lining and heavier insulation as well.
There are not all the product alternatives available as Mossy Oak or Realtree but there are at least a couple of very good ones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.