Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 3D Suits, Dang High Prices >

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

3D Suits, Dang High Prices

Old 04-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

I would love to hear from some of you guys on your experiences with 3d suits. Which ones work? Asat is what I've had my eye on. Can't find an affordable deal on a suit of Asat. I have also looked at the Scent Lok and Scent Blocker. Dang they are just too high. I know someone will recommend Ebay. I've been watching there too. Still selling for crazy high prices. Does anyone know where a guy might get a bargain on one of these suits?

Thanks, LT
Old 04-06-2006, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 3D Suits, Dang High Prices

If money is your only concern then you may want to check out SneakyLeaf Camo Enhancer they will give you a 3d suit for about $20. Now they do not have sent loc but they do the trick. If you want to spend a little more try the cabelas leafy-wear it will run you about $100 for the none sent loc suit
Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, taken deer and turkeys with out the 3D, so IMO really not worth the price..... hey great if you want it, but not so sure it is all that necessary to take a deer or turkey!
Old 04-07-2006, 01:20 AM
usa
Fork Horn

I took my basic hunting jacket bought a package of leafy material(GANDER MOUTAIN $4.99) and hot glued it to my jacket and it look's more real than the commercial one's, the material is 15 ft long and 4 in wide, more than enough to do a good job on your jacket. Forget the self stick tape it comes with it's useless,also I cut off most of the camo netting attached to the material and made a ghillie hat out of the strips
Old 04-07-2006, 02:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using the sneaky leaf stuff for the past 5 or 6 years. It's cheap and works really well. I had my hunting buddy walk right up to me while I was wearing it and I startled him when I moved -- and he knew where I was!
Old 04-07-2006, 02:41 AM
Typical Buck

ASAT is the only suit I will ever wear again. I have had for two months now and I have been able to get closer and see more game than I have ever. If you contact ohiobuckhunter,( I think that is who I bought mine through) he can save you some money. Don't let the camo pattern fool you either it may look a little unordinary but it works better than anything out there. I am sure there will be more replies about asat.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

same as TurkeyStalker....I actually don't see that the price for the ASAT suit is too high.....consider the product, it's all but a forever product if you don't push through briars and multifloral rose but it's still rip proof for most degrees....check out pants and a jacket in Cabelas for the rain, windproof, cold weather gear...ouch....
Old 04-07-2006, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Although I see more deer, rabbits, coons & birds (they will try to land on you-lol!) I can't get past the extra noise the leafy suits make when moving around in one. Especially when close quarters ground hunting (no-tent).
They need to figure out how to make one from a soft material like cotton or fleece, until then mine will just be used on breezy days when I can get away with the scratchy noise.

One of my suits is fairly quiet, but not silent.

The other is scratchy no matter how many times I've washed and dried it.

Just something to consider.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I made my own Ghilli suit for under $50. But here is a 3d suit that is cheap. Redhead 3D leafy bug suit for $49.95 from Bass Pro.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Redhead 3D leafy bug suit for $49.95 from Bass Pro. "

That's my 3rd 3d suit- no thanks. The leaves lay down too much to matter and the pants catch every briar and thorn within a 10 yard radius.

I also have the shannon bug tamer 3-d top and it is OK, there are enough leaves to see, but not too loud that I've experienced yet. We had a low bug year last season so I didn't wear it much.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.