Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Long, But worth it >

Long, But worth it

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Long, But worth it

Old 04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Typical Buck

Default Long, But worth it

I had to write this for an english class, you should all be fooled. (I posted this here because I knew that most of you only read this section :P )

The night is cool and crisp. The air is filled with dew and moisture fills his lungs with every breath he takes. The cool weather helps him relieve himself from his exhaustion. He looks around, worried, scared and the adrenalin is certainly not helping the situation as he is a dire need to find a low area to reside. He looks around at his surroundings and takes mental notes and will store the images in his mind for later use. The dewy fog is not providing a good visual, but he can tell that he will be able to make it if he really needs to hide at the last second. He sees many hardwood trees with a few shrubs sprouting here and there with a steady stream running to the south. The rocks provide excellent levels of noise, which could work to his advantage as a loud distraction. The soft ground will also make assure that he can run with absolutely no detection, and his stealthy camouflage will also provide another advantage to the dark, cool spring night. Time is now running out, and he has no idea what to do. There are many things running through his head and he can’t seem to comprehend them all. He now reaches maximum level of adrenaline as he knows he will be chased in a matter of moments. He runs unwillingly into the darkness of the forest and has decided it is time to get to a spot where he cannot be detected. His heart pounds at excessive speeds as the time has reached, it is now or never. He sees a fallen dead log by the water and has elected to use it to his pleasure. He ducks behind it and catches a moment of breath, but only to hear the final words of the night. The words of displeasure and disgust fill his ears. The words have been awaited by him for the last 5 minutes exactly. The words that fill the soft night are “Ready or not, here I come”
Old 04-04-2006, 09:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Long, But worth it

hahah that was good, wasnt expecting that ending! nice job!
Old 04-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Long, But worth it

very interesting, good read. Nice job dude.