Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does anyone know..(Bowtech grip help) >

Does anyone know..(Bowtech grip help)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anyone know..(Bowtech grip help)

Old 03-17-2006, 06:29 AM

Default Does anyone know..(Bowtech grip help)

where or even if i can get a different grip for my Outback. i want something more like what come factory on the bowtech, to be exact the allegiance I shot this week. I love the grip, but can't afford the bow. Not that I'd rush right out and buy it anyway, my Outback is a great shooter.It would be great if I could just get a slimmer grip.I don't want to shoot directly off the riser becuse the riser looks funny without the grip and I think its too skinny. Any help?
Old 03-17-2006, 07:06 AM

Default RE: Does anyone know..

give scott at www.johnsongrips.com a call and let him know what you're looking for. its not cheap, but it'll be super nice - and a lot cheaper than a new bow. i'd like to suggest asking for a grip that is thin, and is more squared on the back than the bowtech grip. it will make a very nice difference in your righties and lefties if you have edges so you can feel your hand going into the same place every time before you draw - and don't have the roundness for the bow to rotate.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does anyone know..(Bowtech grip help)

turtleshell, I hope you don't mind but I edited your thread title to get the attention of some of the Bowtech guys on the board that might otherwise overlook a general title...I'm sure one of these guys can help you..

PS. I agree, I love my Allegiance grip, especially after loving Hoyt grips for so long....
Old 03-17-2006, 07:18 AM

I saw that, good idea, and thanks.
Old 03-17-2006, 07:25 AM

WOW, that link gibblet provided has some beautiful work . So many options I don't know where to begin. I'll try contacting him, I wish there was something a little closer to me,I hate to send my riser off but from what I saw on the web site that may be the only option, everyone should click on that link just to see some of those grips....
Old 03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Do a search for a guy named "Tronjo" over on Archery Talk... he makes some of the absolutely most beautiful aftermarket grips, especially for Mathews... In fact, when he made mine, I specifically asked him to make it like a BowTech grip.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:55 PM

Thanks I'll check it out
Old 03-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I took a piece of sandpaper to my grip. It actually turned out ok. Sand her down to where you want it. Take a little off and go shoot it. If you are going to buy a new one what are you out? That is what I did on my outback, and dang glad I did.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TeeJay

I took a piece of sandpaper to my grip. It actually turned out ok. Sand her down to where you want it. Take a little off and go shoot it. If you are going to buy a new one what are you out? That is what I did on my outback, and dang glad I did.
I’m liking this idea and the one Gibblet posted above…I put the left rear corner/edge of my grip into the crack of my lower palm of left hand (the crack just outside of thumb base muscle that is shaped like a chicken leg). Hope that makes sense. Anyway…I can see that if this left rear corner/edge was sharper than what I previously have, it would be better and more consistent for accuracy. The right rearcorner/edge of grip can stay the way it is.
Old 03-17-2006, 04:10 PM

scott's done all the mathews from what i can tell. i didn't have to send my riser on my '06 consti and he'd never even seen one. a lot of the time the companies will use the same cut out on the riser for all their bows that year, and even for more years than one.